She is Here

~Faith is played by Emily Rudd~ 😍

A bald, short, and broad man sitting at a table, he fidgets with his fingers looking down at the table he sits upon. His life full of confusion and doubt. A single tear rolls down his cheek as the sound of the mantel clock ticks. You can hear the sound of footsteps and sorrow as it traces down the dimly lit hallway. A girl walks in, she is around the age of 14 "She isn't coming home, but she's here." The girl whispers. The bald man nods his head "Yes dear, I know." He sighs allowing another tear to fall. The girl is tall and slender with long dirty blonde hair and magnificent hazel eyes but her face remains expressionless and her movements are motionless as if time freezes when she takes a single step. A chill runs down her spine and the air becomes more shallow "She is here." The girl whispers again. The bald man nods his head again "It begins tomorrow, please be ready Kendra." The man whispers. Kendra nods her head quietly heading back up the stairs and walking back to her room. She gazes upon the hanging black satin dress and the high risen black boots along with the silver pin her mother once gave her. She holds the knee high dress up to herself in the mirror and sighs in disbelief. Her locket dangles from her neck reminding her of who she once and still loved. Another chill runs down her spine, she is still not ready to face the truth that she is gone.

A few miles away..
          A tall, broad and muscular boy with stunning Caribbean blue eyes. He stands in front of an older women with grayish hair and dull blue eyes. She holds onto his shoulders and gives them a quick and tight squeeze "she didn't deserve to go." She sighs. The boy doesn't make eye contact and stares straight at the wall "you're right, she didn't, she never did." He says blankly holding back his tears. His skin is blotchy, far to many tears have been shed. His mother who stands in front of him tilts his head so he can see her eyes, she is sleep deprived but nobody knows. "Benji.. you loved her so much but you lost her. She knows how much you loved her." She says dully. "Ma, it's not that I think she didn't know I loved her, I know she knew. But the fact is I never got to say goodbye and I can never tell her how happy she really made me feel." He cries. "Darling.. she knew." She sighs once more. She pulls him into an embrace and squeezes him tight and holds him there "it begins tomorrow," she says. Benji nods his head "I know ma but I'm not ready, I'm not ready to say goodbye," he whispers. "None of us are Benji," She cries allowing her tears to finally fall. They stand there together holding each other tight. A chill runs down their spine "she is here." He says.

A few houses down..

"My poor baby." An elderly woman coo's as she hugs the girl close. She is sobbing into her grandmothers shoulder. They sit on an old couch they had had since she was a baby. "Molly baby.. it will get better dearest, I promise." The grandmother says trying to hold back her own tears. "It's not fair grandmother!" the girl yells as she escapes her embrace and runs to her room slamming and locking the door. Her bluely pained room only reminds her of the rivers of tears she has cried over the past few weeks. Her pillow is stained with the black tint of her mascara and her belongings are scattered everywhere. A broken picture of her and her best friend lie on the floor, she stares at it. "You didn't have to go, it could have been me!" She stutters over her own shaky breath. There she lies, on the floor, staring at her cream colored ceiling. She breathes heavily eventually gaining control of herself again. She sighs "it happens tomorrow." There is then a chill down her spine "she is here." She whispers.

There is a woman buried a half a mile down the road at the towns cemetery. She was a mother of two beautiful daughters but had passed away from cancer 4 short years ago. She now lies in her casket waiting for one of her daughters to be buried right next to her the next morning. She was only 17 when she died in a brutal car crash weeks before, and she went by the name of Faith Gardener. Faith was to be buried tomorrow beside her mothers carved headstone. Her mother is known as the peaceful shadow because anyone who has seen her ghost has only received a warm smile.

       So there Faith lies in her beautifully decorated white casket with flowers of all her favorite colors. A chill enough to make your spine tremble but a smile warm enough to make your heart beat exquisitely.