Chapter One: New Girls'

Start from the beginning

I quickly looked at the time at the clock that was above the fireplace, I was going to be late if I didn't set off now

I quickly looked at the time at the clock that was above the fireplace, I was going to be late if I didn't set off now. I dash out of the living room at human speed, and locked the door behind me. I made my way to my car that was parked in the drive. I unlocked it, and placed my back in the driver side, and sat at the wheel, and began my way to Beacon Hills High School. 

.............................................

I arrived at the car park, no student in sight, all already in class. I had to wait on a bench for a teacher to come and show me to my first lesson. I jumped out of the car, and locked it behind me. I made my way towards a bench which held a girl on, as she waited. She held a phone to her ear by her shoulder, while she looked through her bag.

"Everything except a pen, oh actually forgot a pen!... Okay okay, I gotta go, love ya..." I sit beside her, as she puts her phone away. Before she gives me a quick glance.

"You must be new?" I state, lifting the awkward silence that filled the air for a few seconds.

"Oh yeah, the new girl..." She gives me a smile, don't really liking the new title that she gave herself.

"Well new girl, you're not alone. I'm new as well." I state, holding the strap of my bag over my chest. She looked surprised to hear that.

She quickly puts her hand out for me to shake, so I did. "I'm Allison..." The shake ended a few seconds later.

"Alice." I replied to her with a hint of a smile on my face. Suddenly, footsteps came our way, making us both look the way that they were coming.

"Sorry to keep you both waiting." Said the Principal of the school. We both stood from the bench and made our way inside as Allison and the Principal talked about where she was before she moved here.

We entered the school, and made our way down the empty hallway, until we arrived at a classroom door, the Principal opening the door, going in first, then Allison, then me. All eyes were on us both, and I could hear her heartbeat pick up slightly.

"Class, these are our new student's, Allison Argent." He looks to Allison, then to me. "And, Alice Harper. Please do your best to make them feel welcome." Allison and I make our way down a row. She sits behind a kid with shaggy brown hair, as I sit behind a slightly bald kid. I removed my strap from over my chest, and placed it down on the floor next to the table.

"We'll begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis on page 133." The teacher states, as the class began to open their books.

An hour had passed, and the bell rings to tell us the lesson was over. All the student's went out as fast as they could, navigating the hall's ways for their next class. However, I went to find my locker, as I held a binder in my hand, and some books on top. Moments later, I found my locker, and to the surprise. I see Allison right next to me.

"Oh, were locker buddy's." I state with a hint of laughter in my voice. She cracked a smile too. I twist the knob of my padlock to the right numbers to unlock it. I quickly place the books, and blue binder into the locker, and shut it.

"That jacket is absolutely killer." A new voice came into play, as I spun around to see a strawberry blonde girl, standing in front of Allison. "Where do you get it?"

"My Mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison replied to the strawberry blonde's question. As she suddenly locks eyes with my outfit choice.

"New jacket, love it. You both are my new best friends." She looks between Allison and I, with a finger held up. Such a sassy girl. Just then a jock type guy came up to the strawberry blonde.

"Hey. Jackson." She states lovingly, before placing a kiss upon his lips. I watch in amazement as they just stand their kissing, not even breaking apart for air. Just then, my super hearing picked up some noise across the hallway. I look over to see three people talking to one another.

"Can someone tell me how the two new girls are here all of five minutes, and both of them are already hanging out with Lydia's clique?" Asked the girl to the two boys, looking over here to have a look at us, but I looked straight forward like I was thinking.

"Because they're hot. Beautiful people herd together." Said the slightly bald kid, who I sat behind today.

"So, this weekend, there's a party." The girl that I now know as Lydia states, pulling me from my eavesdropping session.

"A party?" Allison asked.

"Yeah...Friday night. You should both come." Jackson states to us.

"Uh, I can't. It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking." Allison states, at least she has a family. You think after 300 years of self pity, and heartache. I wouldn't be so bitchy.

"How about you?" Jackson asked, looking toward me, as I was pulled from my thoughts once again.

"Hmm, sure. I'll check with my parents when I get home." I replied, as Lydia smiled, and let out a little 'yay'. I blanked out the conversation that the three had, thinking about my parents. That I didn't have, and that I'm over 300 years old. Suddenly, I was grabbed by the hand of Allison as we were dragged away, and outside towards the small bleachers.

The pitch was small, and the bench in front was filled with some players. I sat beside Allison, as she sat beside Lydia, we all looked at one person, who was talking to the coach. He began his way towards the goal base, holding the stick tightly.

"Who is that?" Allison asked, curious.

"Him?" Lydia asked, confused on why she would want to know what his name was. "I'm not sure who he is. Why?" Lydia looked towards Allison.

"He's in our English class." I replied to Lydia, who just gave me a nod. The boy looked our way, before the whistle was blown. His hands shot to his head quickly, like he was defended by the blow of the whistle. I cock my head to the side as I watch him careful, my brows knitting together in confusion. But then, a ball came flying at him, and it hit him in the guard of his helmet, and was taken off his feet by the surprise.

Another team member took a shot at him as he got to his feet, and ready himself. As the ball was flung from the stick, and towards him. But surprisingly, he caught it with his own stick. People were amazed by his catch, and they all looked at him. More and more they threw the balls at him, he caught them.

"Seems like he's really good." I state, never breaking connection with the game.

Jackson came to the front of the line, and got ready for his throw. He begins to run, and then jumps in the air, and slings the stick forward, releasing the ball towards the net. But he caught that as well. Everyone around started to cheer at his victory, and Lydia was the most cheery. She stood up from the bleachers and started to clap, and jump up and down, cheering for him. As I just stared at him with a confused look...

.............................

A/N 

First chapter done, I hope you enjoyed this little insight of Alice's first day. I know it isn't very much, but it was get more exciting. 

The Chosen 🐺On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara