Chapter 63: Merry Christmas

Börja om från början

My cheeks heated, but still I clutched the blanket as if it was my only life line. I mean, it really was cold outside. And dark.

"Don't make me pick you off this couch and dress you myself," he warned me, advancing with a wicked grin on his face.

"Blade," I glared at him. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh I would." He lunged forward, scooping me up in one swift motion before he ran for the door, setting me down on my feet. He held me in one arm, dressing me up with his free hand.

"Alright! Alright! I give! Let me dress myself at least," I cried, throwing my hands up.

"I'm so glad you finally agree," he said mischievously, pulling his jacket on.

"I hope you know I'm going to trip and fall everywhere because it'll be so dark outside," I sniffed, wrapping my scarf tight around my neck before I pulled on my gloves.

He reached behind me and flicked on the light switch. I looked out the window and saw the front lawn lit up by our porch light. I turned back to him, completely unamused.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything," he said innocently.

"You were thinking it. And what you think tends to come out of your mouth," I responded, stuffing my feet into my knee high boots. "Can we go outside so I smash a snowball in your face now?"

"Well jeez Kiana, I'm hurt. Here I suggested this as a way to spend time together and you're only interested in hurting me," he pouted at me, "I really am heartbroken."

I rolled my eyes dramatically. "You're just as interested in hitting me with snowballs as I am to you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said, as he opened the door. "Ladies first."

I snorted but walked outside and he followed behind me. I stopped on the porch, stepping aside. "Gentleman first down the stairs."

"I think the concept of ladies first is lost on you."

"Uh, no it's not. Ladies first? Down stairs that are possibly full of dangerous ice? The gentlemanly thing to do would be to go first, or at least help a lady down the stairs." I folded my arms, now waiting for him to go first.

"Fine. I'll go first," he walked down the steps easily even though I could see all the ice that covered them.

I walked down the steps after him slowly, gripping the railing for support the whole way.

"It's like watching paint dry," he said wryly, watching me as he shook his head. "Be brave would you? Just walk down them like a normal person instead of a cripple."

"No, because if I walk down normally I'll become a cripple," I retorted, finally making it to the last step before thankfully feeling the snow crunch under my boots. "See that wasn't so—" a face full of icy snow made me stop halfway through my phrase.

I swatted at my face, struggling to get all the frozen snow off my skin. "Blade!" I shrieked, clearing my face off. I bent down, picked up a snow ball and searched for him. As soon as he came out of hiding he was getting it. "Blade get your ass back here. No using your ninja skills. It wouldn't be fair."

"Who said I had to play fair?" he whispered in my ear. I whirled around but he was gone.

"What about making our fort?" I asked, looking around impatiently.

"True. Fort first, fight later," he stepped out from behind my tree, dropping his snowball to the ground. I whipped mine at him, hitting him right in the groin. "Hey! That's an important bit of anatomy you just hit!" he growled, dusting the snow off his front before he covered it with his hands.