Chapter 63: Merry Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Sandra, I think they know all the rules," Peter reminded her, handing her a coat. "Now can we go? We're going to be late."

"Fashionably late," she corrected again, pulling the coat on with an exasperated look.

He waved his hand, rolling his eyes. "I'll be outside getting the car warm. You two have a goodnight," he smiled at Blade and I before he went outside.

Mom wrapped a scarf around her neck and zipped her coat up, giving us both stern looks, "You two better behave. You guys are old enough, so I trust you not to burn down the house or prank call people or something like that. Just keep Kiana away from the oven and the house should survive."

"Will do," Blade said, chuckling a little as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. Mom pecked my cheek and smiled.

"Okay, I do believe I've covered everything. Goodnight," she waved before she left. I locked the door after her before I turned to Blade.

His arms wound around my waist, a small smirk touching his lips. "You ready?"

A smile spread across my face. "More than ready."

He took my hand and led me up the stairs quickly, going straight to my room. I grabbed the things I needed before heading to the washroom to get ready while he got ready in his room. Once we were both done getting ready we went downstairs to the living room.

"Finally," I sighed, stretching out on the couch in his arms, completely comfortable in my pyjama's.

He turned his head to the side, kissing my neck gently. "I miss being alone with you all the time," his lips pulled back into a smile against my neck. "And I can't wait to go home just for that reason."

I turned myself around a little in his arms so I could see his face, grinning. "Well, you've got me alone now. So what are you going to do?"

"Hey, we've got all night to do what ever we want, right now I just want to enjoy this moment," he replied, nuzzling my neck playfully.

"Good choice." I pressed against him comfortably, closing my eyes. He reached one arm up from my waist to grab the blanket and pull it over us. "Blade?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you hunted?"

There was a pause. "Are you afraid?" 

"No," I frowned. What a ridiculous idea. "I was just wondering, in case you needed anything...so have you?"

"I went last night," he assured me. "Leo wouldn't be happy about me going that long with no blood, but it's better than not going at all."

"Okay," I relaxed a little, head against the curve of his shoulder.

"You better not be thinking of falling asleep," he warned me, "I want to enjoy a night alone, and when I say alone I don't literally mean by myself."

"Maybe if you were more entertaining I wouldn't have to turn to sleep," I joked.

He sat up abruptly, tossing the blanket off before he slid out from behind me and stood. He waited expectantly, holding a hand out to me.

"Um...what?" I asked, frowning at him suspiciously.

"We're going outside," he explained, "We're going to make a fort and have a snowball fight and have all the fun we were supposed to have on your birthday."

"But it's freezing!" I exclaimed, clutching the blanket.

"After we can come inside, have hot chocolate and get warm again," he reminded me, "And trust me, I can make you warm very easily."