Ch. 5- Don't wanna hurt you

Song of the chapter:
Break Free by Ariana Grande (Ft. Zedd)
Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony
_____

My eyes blinked opened, and for once I didn't didn't have a stressed look on my face nor depressing attitude flowing through my body. I felt alive and ready for some excitement in my life, but I also felt revenge rushing through my veins, seeking to get even with the girl who tore me apart.
But I don't want to hurt her.
That was the question that washed into my mind every few seconds.
To be honest, I didn't want to hurt her. But something inside of me kept telling me that she just has to know how it feels to be broken. She just has to know what it feels like to love somebody, but have them never love you back.
I hobbled out of my bed, making my way to my bathroom, to get ready for the perfect day ahead of me. There was a lot in-store today, I thought.
After getting dressed into my most snazzy and attractive clothing, I added a bit cologne to my body, to make myself more irresistible. After spending at least 15 minutes in front of the mirror perfecting my appearance and exactly what I was going to say, I was ready for the day.
I slipped my phone out of my pocket and texted all my friends:
"You guys up for some bumper cars down town?"
Seconds later Raquel texted back:
"Heck yeah, Mahone!"
Robert, Alex and Anna all responded will the same type of answers a few minutes later. But no response from Mary. That's bizarre.
Where was she? She usually answers her texts immediately, but this time she didn't. But for once, I wasn't going to let that affect me. I wasn't going to let myself think she was ignoring me. So I marched downstairs, saying goodbye to my mother, who was heading to work. I went right out the door and walked over to Rob's house with a smile of confidence on face.
Robert was already outside playing basketball, working up a sweat.
"Yo Rob!" I yell, distracting him from his shot, causing his aim to be completely messed up. He totally air balled it, which made me laugh to myself.
"Austin, my gosh, you are a-," he turned around and inspected me up and down.
"Woah, looking sharp! What's the occasion? Impress Mary Day?" He smirked, taking another shot.
"You'll find out soon enough. My attitude is different from what it was before, Rob. I'm not letting Mary control me." I spoke, fixing my hair, smoothing it out a little.
"Okay then. But you should know Mary never really controlled you, it was all your feelings for her that controlled you. So don't blame her." Rob says, while doing the "quotation marks in the air" movement.
"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for the words of wisdom." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the basketball from his flimsy arms and shot the second I got it, making it soon spin into the rounded hoop in front of us.
I heard a few claps in the back of me and turned around to find Alex and Anna.
"Hey, are we going to go on some bumper car or not?" Anna giggles, looking behind her to see Raquel walking up to us too.
"Sure, but where's Mary?" Robert says, looking directly at me.
"I asked her. She didn't answer." I say sadly, but then remembered my plan and quickly added, "but we can go without her. She didn't answer, so she doesn't go."
"Don't be stupid, Austin." Anna says dramatically, sticking her hand out a me, doing the "talk to the hand" motion.
"Yeah, don't be an idiot. Lets go to her house!" Raquel spoke, starting to walk down the street.
Anna followed her as they marched over to Mary's house, on the other end the street.
I looked over at Rob with pique, but he just rolled his eyes rashly and started walking with the dweebs I call my friends.
If I didn't go that would be extremely rude, so I just tagged along in the back with everybody else.
We soon arrived at the peach-colored two story house that I've been in too many times to count.
We got up to the doorstep as Raquel rung the doorbell, waiting for anybody in Mary's family to answer.
The big, brown door creaked open as we all saw Mary's dad.
"Hi Mr. Montez! Is Mary home?" They all smile at him, as I'm awkwardly standing there nervously playing with my thumbs.
"Good to see you guys and yes, she is. She is upstairs in her room, I think something is really bothering her. I can just tell she's upset, she won't eat, talk or do practically anything. You guys should comfort her, she'll talk to you." He opened the door a bit more, to let all of us in.
We slowly walked inside, looking around a bit, but then started to walk up the staircase to see Mary.
We got closer and closer to her room, as I got more nervous. By this time I was literally hyperventilating. I had to stay cool.
Alex carefully turned the handle to her room, as the door opened slowly and quietly.
Mary was sleeping on her bed, tangled in all her blankets and pillows. Her headphones were in her ears and her arms were gently placed on the sides of her body. She was breathing noticeably loudly, her chest puffing up and down so perfectly. She looked so innocent and fragile laying there all alone. Her eyes started to flutter open as she turned her head directly at me.
She smiled. Wait. Why was she just looking at me? This is weird. She took her headphone out and gave us all a strange look...

___________________________________
A/N:
Hope you liked it!!
Comment and vote :)
Love you❤❤
5 votes for an update!