Ch. 3- Exploration

Ch. 3- Exploration

She pushed the loose strand of hair behind her ear, as her eyes gleamed in the moonlight. I was so enraptured and fascinated by the beauty of the alluring girl in front of me, I didn't seem to notice my friends staring at me, exceptionally perturbed.
"Uh. Austin? You ok..? Are you ok with the plan we just discussed?" Anna precipitously asked me.
"Um, yeah. That plan sounds good," I lie, pretending like I was actually listening for once.
"Great, because we aren't changing it," Anna brutally mutters to me, knowing that I wasn't listening to plan in the first place.
"Ok, so we should probably go to our first ride," Raquel says, while smiling widely.
As the group had one last altercation, I secretly made my way over to Anna.
I whispered to her, "So what's the plan?"
"My gosh, Austin! You are so clueless about everything. We are going on the rides in partners because most rides here only fit two to a seat. So you and Mary are together. Got it? Or do I need to explain it again for you little brain to understand?" Anna rudely explains me.
I grunted and muttered, "Thank you," under my breath.
I walked back over to my original spot, listening only to the last part of the rest of my friend's conversation.
"Ok, let's do this!!" Alex shouts as he runs away with Anna to their first ride of choice. Robert and Raquel ran off into the other direction together, heading for the biggest ride at the festival.
I cautiously looked over at Mary who was already looking at me. Awkward much?
"So what do you want to go on first?" She asks my opinion, sweetly.
"Wherever you want to go," I shrugged my shoulders, meaning I really didn't care.
She looks down at the ground, thinking very hardly and then soon adjusted her sweatshirt, while shortly lifted her head up to me.
"Let's go on the "Scorpion Dipper"," Mary's voice cracks while saying it, meaning she was scared but totally up for it at the same time.
"Are you sure about that Mary? It's-," I never got to finish my sentence because my arm was soon being yanked on by the girl of my dreams. We both started to run to the ride we wanted to go on, more like she wanted to go on, but whatever. As we continued running to the ride, I slide my hand (which was currently on her wrist) down to her hand, as I held it oh-so tightly.
She looked over at me and weakly smiled, but then sharply turned her head right back in front her.
Seconds later we were in line waiting for the thrilling ride. The line was abnormally long, but I didn't mind waiting, especially with Mary.
"So Austin, are you excited for senior year?" Mary asks me, trying making conversation with me, only because of how bored we currently were.
"Don't talk about senior year when it's only the beginning of July, Mary! You're bringing me down!" I say while laughing my butt off.
"Ohh I'm sooo sorry for making you so upset Mr.! It will never happen again," Mary says sarcastically in a man's voice.
We both let out a huge burst of laughter, but it soon ended when the man working the ride told us we could go on.
I obviously took the spot next to Mary and made myself comfortable on the oddly shaped seat on this interesting ride.
While the other seats around us filled up, I just decided to relax and look around. After scanning everything above me (the astonishing cloud, other rides, birds and many more things), I looked at the things that were located below me. The first thing I saw was my leg touching Mary's leg, which instantly gave me butterflies that I thought would never go away.
The seats slowing started to shake, meaning the ride is finally beginning.
Before I could concentrate on what was ahead, I noticed Mary looking over at me with a worried glance on her face. Oh no.

_______________________________________

A/N:

THE SUSPENSE! What is wrong with Mary? Hmm.. You'll have to wait to find out!
Anyways, thanks for reading! Please comment and vote NOW your opinions. :-)
5 votes for an update, my lovelies!