Breaking Part: Twenty-seven

"This wasn't what you wanted
Was it?"

TWENTY-SEVEN

     Ice was lying on the couch with Skippy when Uno came in. Hindi na niya ito kailangan pang pag buksan, itinuro nalang niya kung saan naka tago ang spare key ng main door para hindi na siya tumayo pa.

She simply shifts her gaze to him when he appeared by the door. Ngayon kahit na simpleng mabilis na pag galaw lang ng mata niya causes her pain, her head feels heavier and mas barado pa ang ilong niya ngayon but her nose isn't runny, her throat still feels itchy and dry, at parang mas mainit pa siya ngayon compared kanina. She managed to take care of Skippy's needs before her own. Konti lang ang nakain niya dahil wala siyang gana and cooking her own food wasn't appealing to her. She changed her clothes instead of taking a shower like the old advice to her kapag may lagnat siya. Kailangan daw maligo to let off steam. If she stands too long, she might fall over.

She hasn't been this sick since the sem started. Maybe this is her body telling her that it's also tired physically.

She returned to her room after not finishing breakfast and slept then transfered to the couch when Uno texted that he's on his way.

Uno drops everything he bought on the center table and kneels in front of Ice.

She closed her eyes nang hipuin nito ang noo niya.

"You're burning up."

"I know..." ang tanging sagot niya dito, not opening her eyes again.

     When Ice regained consciousness, ramdaman niya agad na mas malambot ang hinihigaan niya. She's probably back in her bed. But wait... how did Uno know her room?

"Should we take her to the hospital? Hindi bumababa yung lagnat niya."

That voice...

"She hasn't eaten anything since I got here baka hindi din siya uminom ng gamot..."

"Bakit hindi mo pinainom?!"

"She's sleeping! Ayaw ko siyang gisingin!"

"Dang, man! Don't you know how to take care of a sick person?"

Ice felt groggy the moment she opens her eyes. Kilala niya kung kanino galing ang boses na iyon. And he sounds really annoyed, which is so unlike him, kaya minulat niya agad ang mata niya.

"Don't fight, children..." She managed to rasp out. Ang kapalit agad ng effort sa pagsasalita niya ay sunod-sunod na pag ubo.

Uno and Cast immediately rushed to her side at pinainom agad siya ng tubig.

When the water reached her throat, she already wants to spit it out because another cough rising. She managed to swallow it before wallowing in a coughing fit once again until it turned to gags.

Goddamn.

Cast is soothing her back habang naka abang pa din ang baso ng tubig na hawak ni Uno. They both looked worried.

"I'm fine." She said after coughing her lungs out. Her whole face is probably red right now, at naluluha na din siya.

"No, you're not." The two boys said in unision.

"Don't get too close to me. Baka mahawa pa kayo."

"Nah. Matatag resistensya ko." Cast replied with a smile.

Tinanggap ni Ice ang tubig na hawak ni Uno and downed the full glass before turning to Castiel again. "When did you get here?"

"Kaninang 6 ata? I called you and this guy answered," he nods to Uno. "He told me you were sick kaya pumunta ako agad."