Breaking Part: Twenty-six

"The more I try to push it I realize gonna let go of control
Gonna let it happen, gonna let it happen"

TWENTY-SIX

Tinignan lang ni Ice ang kanyang phone habang patuloy na pumapasok ang notifications dito. Bago siya humiga ng kama she was so intent to ignore it all kaya wala siyang gawin kundi burahin ang mga pumapasok na notification and cancel every incoming call from her friends. Now, her fingers are tired of swiping kaya hinayaan niya nalang. Actually hindi lang ang daliri niya ang pagod ngayon. She feels so drained that she wants to sleep the moment she got home but the world keeps playing with her kaya hindi iyon ang nangyari.

Uno and Four drove her home along with her new puppy, Skippy. Named after the peanut butter. It was Four's suggestion so she went along with it. They helped her set up Skippy's things and taught her a few new puppy owner cares like she's a clueless girl na hindi marunong mag alaga ng aso. Hindi naman alam ng dalawa na nagkaroon na siya ng aso dati so it was pretty amusing to watch them lecture her on how to properly take care of Skippy.

But the amusement immediately went down the drain when Ice's phone won't stop beeping. Mabilis niya itong sinilent but Uno caught her doing it so she gave him a strained smile. When he frowned, alam na ni Ice na nakuha agad nito kung ano ang nangyari.

Uno did his best to distract her for the rest of the night.

But he can't keep her away from the inevitable.

"Just ignore them." Sabi nito nang ihatid niya ang dalawa sa gate. "Curious lang sila kung sino ka."

"I know." Ice tried to smile. She had this coming right?

Her life has been invaded to the point where control is slowly slipping away from her grasp but she's trying hard to get it all together. She's trying hard to get herself together.

From the moment she met Dos parang lahat nalang ng sumunod nangyari bago sa kanya yet she still won't let the change get to her entirely. She lets it in gradually. Kasi kapag tinanggap niyang lahat ng isang bagsak lang, even the emotions she tries to hide, baka mawala na ang kontrol niya sa buhay. She strived to get her life together and control it in her own way.

She still has control. Pero alam niyang darating din ang point na mawawala na lahat sa kamay niya.

She will undoubtly break in her own hands or the hands of another person.

"You should go." Ice motions to Uno's car kung nasaan naghihintay si Four. The little boy is so sleepy he practically sprawled himself on the back seat nang ibaba ito ng kapatid.

"You want to get rid of me already?"

Ice rolled her eyes at his amused smile. "You know what I mean."

Uno cleared his throat and shifted his weight. "I'm not leaving without my hug."

Ice expected a lot of stuff to happen today... except for this.

She raised her brow in spite of her shock. "A hug?"

Uno looks down at his shoes to avoid her eyes. "You hugged Elizeo today, I'm going to assume that you treated Dos the same, and even Four got his hug. I want mine."

Ice couldn't help but chuckle at his tone. He's saying it like she owes it to him after the good deeds he's done today. Ano ba dapat ang maramdaman niya sa ganitong sitwasyon? Right now, she's amused and confused and... annoyed.

"Is that your motive?" She crossed her arms over her chest, not sure how to take him. "Is this the reason why you adopted Skippy for me? One good deed equals a request I can't say 'no' to?"