Chapter 12- Revelation

Start from the beginning

“Can anybody tell me the importance it is to create a facade when we’re amongst the humans?” The teacher who was a tiny brunette woman with a tightly wound bun in her hair searched the classroom for answers.

She called upon a small, petite brunette with long curls. “Onya?”

“So we’re not discovered.” She sighed shyly.

“What happens when we’re discovered?” The teacher snapped impatiently and the girl straightened up immediately.

“They’ll find us.” Her voice was a whisper but the terror in her eyes- the terror in all their eyes bothered me.

“Who will find us?” The teacher raised an eyebrow still locking gazes with the girl.

The girl hesitated and Perseus spoke up. “ This is ridiculous, are we suppose to fear werewolves and dark ones forever? Why not add the Elites and The Alliance and Augurs while we’re at it? We’re stronger than all of them, we have powers and our time’s better spent using it to train our bodies and exercise our powers.”

By now everyone in the class, all those scared children led to believe it is better to hide and fear than to confront and intimidate their enemy- all of them had confidence in Perseus and I could see it. He could have been something, a leader maybe.....Now all those dreams are gone because of what I did to him. Everything made more sense but the more things made sense the less I liked myself.

Suddenly I was pulled out and Perseus had let go of my hands. I felt a sense of pride over what Perseus had done, it made me feel like we had something in common- even if I wasn’t sure what that was exactly.

“Did you see it too?” I asked wondering if we both saw the same thing.

When Perseus nodded  I felt my spirit drop a little. I didn’t want to look at him because it reminded me of everything I took away from him. Perseus reached out and touched the side of my cheek with his index finger.

“What’s the matter?” He tried to bring my eyes to look at him and it felt unbearable.

“How can you want to be around me?” I decided to look at him, he could lie to me but his expression wouldn’t.

“What do you mean?”

“You had so much promise with this underground and I turned you.... I made you into.....I feel sick.”

I went to stand up and just as quickly Perseus was there looking down at me. His beautifully haunting eyes beaming down on me. I swallowed hard, I wanted him to move away from me and instead he was coming closer.

“What you did Trinity Sage, was save my life. I was dying and if God hadn’t wanted me to be turned, my body would have rejected the change.” Perseus seemed really confident in what he was saying and from the looks of it, he didn’t even blame me.

I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t have anything that either supported or rejected what was coming out of his mouth. Thinking about his mouth, my eyes found their way to his lips. I couldn’t believe that even in the middle of something so in depth I find myself staring at his perfect male anatomy.  

“What are you thinking about?” He asked moving in a little closer.

“Your lips.” I mumbled, barely aware of what I just said, my eyes widening with the realization.

Perseus grinned one of his boyish grins. “Really?”

I wasn’t sure if vampires could blush but I sure felt like I was. “ Uh- no I meant words. The words that came out of your lips.”