Picture

Pairing: Krystal/Amber

One-shot

Synopsis: Krystal wonders why Amber loves taking photographs.

A/N: It's been a while, folks. Listen to The Weepies' "Somebody Loved" while reading. And have you seen f(x)'s recent performance of "The Boys?!!" Seriously, daebak.

Picture

"I just don't get your fascination with taking pictures, babe." Krystal speaks while Amber is taking a photo of the sunset. The two are presently on a remote beach, just the two of them. After the rigorous schedules they had for their album's promotion, the couple decided to go on vacation; and to avoid publicity, they were very careful at choosing an unknown location, somewhere on the island of Cirali.

Amber turns and smiles at her girlfriend, who is now setting up their picnic basket and umbrella on the sand. "It's a way for me to remember, more so, to never forget the moment. That I have this tiny proof I took and the moment would stay with me forever, you know?"

"Wouldn't it be better if we just let the moment be? I mean, you're never truly in the moment if you're too busy taking pictures of it." Krystal argues, now done with setting up and is now rubbing sunblock lotion on herself. Amber, looking satisfied at the pictures she took, sits next to her girlfriend and answers.

"I get your point, babe. A lot of people tell me the same thing, too. But..." She puts her arm around Krystal's shoulder and pulls her close.

"But?"

"Just because I take pictures doesn't mean I don't enjoy the moment. I enjoy the moment and have something to look back on. Like this." She shows Krystal a picture she took hours ago: At the airport, Krystal smiling at nothing in particular.

"Yah! You never told me you took a picture of me!" She hits Amber's arm and the other girl just laughs.

"I regret nothing, babe. Someday, years later, I have this and a lot more to look back on. What I felt while taking that picture was, partly, now captured in that picture itself. Get it?"

"And what did you feel in that moment?"

"How lucky I am to have someone like you."

"Cheesy, but I take it." Krystal closes the gap and kisses her girlfriend. After their lips part, Krystal says: "what are you waiting for, pabo?"

"What?"

"Take a picture of the two of us." Amber smiles.