Chapter 2: Want You Back!

Aryanna took one look at the hallway of Versailles High School and immediately frowned. Posted everywhere -through every entrance, door, and window- was her name in bold. Grabbing one of the papers taped up to the main doors she read it.

Cinderella Found! Aryanna Villamour, a Junior at Versailles, is Cinderella! Then a mini picture of her was underneath the words. Aryanna’s frown grew deeper. It’s official, Aryanna thought. I hate Ashton. I’m going to kill Ashton. Ashton, you must die.

As Aryanna continued mentally swearing Ashton’s name, someone screamed, “Aryanna! Bro, wait! Why are you running away?! I’m Angel not a serial killer!” At those words Aryanna stopped running and faced Angel, a sheepish look on her face.

Aryanna let out a mini laugh and replied, “Sorry about that…” Once Angel reached her, she showed Angel the paper.

“Oh,” Angel said. “You saw it?”

Aryanna rolled her eyes. “Hard not to, they’re everywhere. Look around.” Aryanna said as she motioned around the hall. No matter where you turned, the flyer about Cinderella was there.

“What are you going to do about it?”

“Kill Ashton, what else?” Angel laughed and linked her arm with Aryanna’s. Together they walked to first period.

“It’s Cinderella,” they heard someone whisper. Aryanna rolled her eyes and ignored it.

All the way to first period, Aryanna and Angel heard the whispers. Both were getting quite mad at the constant stares since they’ve never been noticed like that before.

Then finally, a random guy stood in front of them and yelled, “Bibbity, bobbity, boo!” For more effect, he used a pencil as his wand and waved it around.

Angel grabbed the pencil and broke it in half while she replied, “Bibbity, bobbity,” Angel stepped closer so that her and the guy were face to face, “BOO!” She pushed him, lightly, and laughed. The guy was shocked for a second until he began laughing as well.

Angel held out her hand and said, “Angel Belle.”

The guy shook her hand and replied, “Darryl. Darryl Valderrama.” They stood there staring into each others eyes for what seemed forever. At least until Aryanna coughed. They both looked at her confused.

“Still here you know,” Aryanna said, smirking. Angel laughed and linked arms with Aryanna again.

“You’re that Cinderella that Ashton can’t stop talking about!” Darryl said looking at Aryanna. She frowned at the thought of Ashton. Even his name made her annoyed. Darryl seemed to notice. “Oh no. What did he do? God, it must be really bad, you look ready to bite his head off.”

“Hey, dude!” someone screamed. Aryanna recognized that voice. She heard it in her very own house the weekend before.

“Oh shoot,” Aryanna whispered.

“Hey, bro,” Darryl said bumping fists with Ashton.

Ashton looked at me and smiled. “Hi Cinderella.” Aryanna growled at him and crossed her arms over her chest.

Darryl looked confused and whispered to Ashton, “She’s giving you the death look. I suggest going on your knees and apologizing. Like, now bro.” Ashton hesitated then sighed. He went down on one knee and to everyone who wasn’t listening to their conversation, it looked like he was ready to propose.

“Cinderella,” Ashton said. All eyes in the entire hallway -this isn’t an exaggeration by the way- were on them. “I’m so, so sorry for whatever I did. What did I do again? Was it really that bad?”