Chapter 1: The Missing Cinderella Is Found?

"So the shoe's yours?" Angel asked Aryanna. Angel was Aryanna's best friend since they were little. Every little secret Aryanna had, Angel knew. They were hanging out in Aryanna's room; Angel sitting down in a chair while Aryanna was on her bed. Everyone was still wondering who Cinderella was. It was all anyone could talk about.

"No, it's not," Aryanna replied as she walked over to her closet. When she reached it, she grabbed something from the floor. As Aryanna showed Angel what she was holding, Angel's jaw dropped. It was one glass slipper fit for the left foot. There was no right shoe to match with it though.

Grabbing the shoe from Aryanna, Angel said, "Woah, this is just like Cinderella's...how'd you get this?"

"It's mine," Aryanna answered. "I bought it a couple months ago. That was the last pair in that size." Angel checked the shoe size. A size 7.

"Wait, where's the right slipper?"

Aryanna gave her a confused look and after a couple of seconds, understood what Angel meant. "Oh, my step brothers broke it. They said that they were trying to test if it was real glass."

Angel rolled her eyes and whispered, "Those idiots..."

Aryanna laughed and grabbed the shoe while replying, "Yeah, idiots I have to put up with." Before Aryanna was able to put her shoe back, the doorbell rang.

Glancing at Angel, they both ran downstairs to open the door. They stopped at the end of the stairs when they saw who was at the door.

Aryanna's stepmother, Elena, had reached the door before them and to her surprise, the one and only Ashton Del Aretes stood in her presence. He was cuddling Cinderella's shoe with an expectant look on his face.

"Yes?" Elena asked him. She didn't think of him as charming or handsome. She thought of how rich his family was. No, she wasn't like those other stepmothers. She wasn't mean to Aryanna but she wasn't all nice to her either. They were just neutral. Aryanna did her thing and Elena did hers. As long as they didn't get in each other's way, they would be fine; which was mostly all the time.

Ashton smiled at her and said, "Yes, I was wondering if I can find a girl that was at the ball the other night. She left her shoe." He pointed at the glass slipper.

Before Elena could reply, Angel let out a low cough. Ashton and Elena looked in their direction. Then Ashton looked at what was in Aryanna's hand. It was the glass slipper.

"Cinderella?" Ashton whispered. Aryanna had a confused look on her face. Then she saw him staring at the slipper in her hand. Ashton walked over to her.

"Um, this isn't-" Aryanna didn't get to finish what she had to say. Ashton had already grabbed the shoe to look if both slippers were the same size.

When he saw that they were both a size 7, he screamed, "They fit! The shoes fit! I've found my Cinderella!" He thought for a moment before speaking again. "Wait, do these fit you?"

"Well--AH! What are you doing?!" Aryanna ended up almost falling over because of Ashton. He grabbed her right foot - without her permission - and jammed the shoe onto her feet. Ashton's eyes glowed once he saw that the shoe fit perfectly.

Ashton stood up and screamed, "You are my Cinderella!"

Aryanna frowned at him. "No, I'm not. I just own the exact same pair."

"Ahem," Elena said. Everyone looked at her - all with confused looks.

"Who are you?" Ashton asked.

"Elena, Aryanna's stepmother."

Ashton's smile grew wider. "You have a stepmother too! That's perfect! Just like the real Cinderella! Elena, do you have any children?"

"Yes, Aryanna's stepbrothers. Why?"

"You have stpebrothers too! Like the real Cinderella! Amazing!"

"Actually," Aryanna said. "The Cinderella in the storybook you're talking about had stepsisters not stepbrothers."

"What's the difference? They're both steps. But wait! Where are your talking mice? What are their names again? Gas and Pac?" Ashton began to call for 'Gas' and 'Pac' in every part of the room.

Aryanna couldn't tell what the real Cinderella saw in him at all. All she thought of him was one word: stupid.

"You expect to find Cinderella by using the fairytale. You're kidding me, right? Oh and its Gus and Jaq. Not Gas and Pac. What next? Going to ask for my clothes-making birds too?"

Ashton looked at her shocked. Finally, Aryanna thought. I think I knocked some sense into him.

Just then, Ashton had to open his mouth and say, "You have those too?! Can you ask them to make me a shirt? I've always wanted an animal to make me clothing. Good animal service is just so hard to find these days..." Guess not, Aryanna thought as she rolled her eyes.

"Look stupid -- I mean Ashton, I think you've found the wrong girl. I admit, I was at the ball just not as Cinderella, I'm sorry."

Ashton smiled at Aryanna and replied, "You think I'm stupid don't you?" Why yes I do, Aryanna thought. "But I'm not. I'd recognize those blue eyes anywhere." I can tell. You got them confused with me, you idiot, Aryanna thought again. "I'm going to tell everyone I know that I've found my Cinderella! Goodbye, my princess." Then just as quick as he entered, he was gone.

"Wow what an..." Angel trailed off.

"Idiot? Stupid boy? I can think of a lot of things," Aryanna said as she rolled her eyes. "Hey! He took my shoe!"

Angel laughed, "Charming isn't he?"

~~~

Adeline smirked in the mirror as she held a blue dress in front of her. All she heard everyone talk about was the Cinderella at the ball. How beautiful she was and how perfect. It's all Adeline ever wanted. Attention from everyone in Riverside.

Walking up to the cashier she said, "I'll take this one. Thanks." While getting out her wallet she heard the people behind her talking.

"Did you hear? Ashton's been going around town searching for his Cinderella!" one of them said. Adeline's smirk grew bigger. And soon, he'll find his Cinderella. Which of course, is me! That's what Adeline thought. Who else would Ashton find that's a size 7 and has blue eyes just like hers? It's a small town after all.

"Oh yeah! That's over now though. I heard that he found her! Some girl named Aryanna or something?" the other replied. Adeline froze. Aryanna? Adeline thought. No, that can't be...

"Lucky girl!" the other answered. Adeline's smirk disappeared. After paying for the dress, she ran out of the store.

"I'm Cinderella! Not her!" Adeline screamed.

~ Author's Note ~

:OOOO Shocker! xD Hope you liked this chapter! Vote/Comment/Fan! Thanks :D

Dedicated to: LadyBugBella :D She made the awesome picture on the side! Thanks a bunch!