38 | before i know it

[ PART TWO ]
s a d i e

i clench my fists tight, until my nails dig into the palm of my hand, but i barely notice.
the only thing i'm really aware of is the sound of my heart throbbing against the cage of my chest as i think about the thought of my dad roaming the streets.
i told myself i'd be okay with his release.
i told myself over and over that he couldn't hurt me and that he shouldn't have a control over my life.
but he does.
he always will do.
it's a fear i can't escape and one i will take with me through life.
it's not until i looks into the mirror, that i become aware that i have been biting my lip so badly it's bleeding.
i don't think i've ever felt so sick in my entire life.
it's shocking how people can have such a strong grip on your life and impact it so greatly.
he was meant to be my dad.
the person i look up to and the person who is meant to be there for me through my entire life.
but i guess you never do really know people.
not even if they helped make you.

" sadie! are you ready to go? " my auntie calls, as i clip back the final piece of hair into place.
i take one look at myself in the mirror and smile.
my auntie said it was vital to dress up nice to visit my dad as there would be other family there as well.
like a welcome back party.
however i can already sense the tension and the party hasn't even started yet.

M A X

i sat at the back of mr brown's class room waiting for sadie and louis to come waltzing in laughing their heads off as i sit and watch in disgust.
it happens every day.
i get so jealous seeing sadie so happy with another boy that it makes me feel physically sick.
i wasn't going to give in first.
i've never been the kind of person to go running back and begging for forgiveness.
i'll leave that to sadie.

i watch the door intensely, only to see louis walk in on his own and take a seat.
i watch as he places his books down and takes his seat.
" hey, louis, right? " i call, causing louis to turn to look at me.
" uh- y- yeah, and you're max, right? " he replies.
" yeah "
" cool " he says, confused, as he turns back around.
" wait, where's sadie? " i ask abruptly, as he turns back around.
" uh, i can't really sa- "
" look louis, me and her may not be on speaking terms right now but i still care about her, so please, just tell me where she is " i plead.
louis sighs.
" her dad got let out today and her family is having a welcome home party " he says.
all emotion drains from my face and i feel my entire body tense up.
i raise from my desk and walk out of the class, ignoring the repetitive calls from mr brown.

i leave the school building and take off running in the direction of sadie's house.
there is no way in hell i'm letting her do this alone.

S A D I E

" okay, so, have you got everything? " my auntie asks for the fifth time in the space of 2 minutes.
" yes " i reply.
" okay then, we're good to go, lock up please " she chirps as she tosses me the key and leaves the house.

i take one last look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath.
" you got this sadie, there's a whole bunch of people there he can't hurt you, you'll be okay " i mutter, reassuring myself.

i lock the door and make my way over to the car, only to be stopped by an all to familiar voice.
" sadie! " i hear them call.
" max, what do you want? "
" louis told me where you're going and i just wanted to let you know that, um, i'm here for you " he says.
i purse my lips together and flash him a half smile, " thanks "
i awkwardly turn away and place my hand on the car door handle.
as i do, max grabs my other hand.
he spins me round to face him.
and before i know it,
his lips are on mine.

•••
this is so bad lmao what
i can't write anymore guys jziskxd
but anyway
how yall been
- amelia