12 | him again

|sadie pov|

i trudged through the school doors cautiously, nervous as to wether marc and his group were going to confront me.
i was even more nervous now due to the fact finn has joined the group, who knows what he could have told them. after all, i told finn everything.
" hey! wait up! " i hear someone call but ignore it as it clearly wasn't someone calling for me,their friend is probably infront of me or something.
" wait! " the same voice repeats.
intrigued, i turn around and see the girl i had caught max walking around with the other day.
" sadie right? " she smiles, slinging her bag back over her shoulder.
" uh, yeah " i reply, uneasily.
" i'm new to this school, well technically, " she begins and i prepare myself for a long story, " i used to come here before my family moved and i doubt any of my friends will remember me because i've changed a lot, so i guess it's just nice to see a familiar face "
" what about max? "
" i like max, just not his friends. they constantly reek of smoke "
i chuckle at her statement and nod in agreement.
" maybe we could be friends? " she suggests and my eyes widen.
this girl seems really nice, i don't want to drag her reputation down to the ground.
" are you sure i'm the person you want to be friends with? i mean there's plenty of people in this school and you know, i don't have many friends, any infact " i ramble, talia eventually stopping me.
" i'm happy to be your first " she smiles, a slight spark of excitement forming in my stomach.
we turn into our classroom and talia takes a seat next to me.

it was now half way through first period and everyone's attention was grasped by a sudden knock at the door.
" sorry to disturb miss, can i see sadie stevens please? " the head teacher states as he walks into our classroom.
a wave of fear rushes over me as i raise from my seat.
i can feel the eyes from my classmates watching me as i walk down the rows and to the front.
i follow him out of the classroom and into his office.
fear fills my eyes as i look up and see the person i hate most in this world.
my dad.
his eyes light up as he sees me, however i know it's an act.
he doesn't care and never will care about me.
" oh sadie i've been worried sick " he exclaims, embracing me into a huge bear hug.
i could smell the strong stench of liquor that lingered on his clothes and in his breath.
" where have you been, why didn't you call or atleast tell me you were leaving! "
i clench my fists at his lies, my face showing multiple emotions, fear and shock probably being most noticeable.
" your father called and said you'd been missing, i told him you were here and he could pick you up early " the head informs me as i look dead into his eyes, trying to ask him for help.
he doesn't notice.
i plaster a fake smile onto my face and leave with my father.
as soon as we reach his car he shoves me up against the side of it.
" how dare you leave! " he yells, pushing me harder and harder against the car, by my collar, with each word.
" y-you k-kick-ed me o-out " i stutter.
he gives me one last shove before placing his hand onto his head.
" i said you could go on a walk "
" you said you didn't want me there " i argue through tightly gritted teeth, getting angry that he is now twisting the entire story completely.
" i don't! " he yells, throwing his arms up in the air.
" so why did you come for me?! " i shout back, standing my ground for once.
" because i'm your father "
without thinking, i say the first thing to come to mind, anger completely dominating my tone.
" you don't act like one! "
i don't see it happen, i just feel it.
his steady hand making forceful contact with my left cheek, sending pain throughout my entire face.
he grits his teeth, " don't you ever disrespect me " he sternly says, prodding me with his finger as each word escapes his liquor coated lips.
he storms away and gets into his car, slamming the door behind him.
i do the same, placing myself in the back.
i guess i'm back to square one.

•••
shock horror
yall seem to like this book and every single one of your comments make me happy
imma try respond to some cuz u guys make me laugh lol
- amelia