25 | victory

[ PART TWO ]
m a x

i didn't know why i resulted in hitting him, but suddenly my fist was slamming into his face whilst his sunk into my stomach.
blood pooled in his mouth as i gagged.
we stumbled apart for a brief second to catch our breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination.
i dodged his fist and came up with my own; for a brief instant, his eyes widened before he managed to tilt his head back and slam it into mine.
i stumbled backwards, the world swiftly spinning and my vision becoming blurred.
there was now a circle of people surrounding us all chanting different things.
"fight! fight! fight! "
" come on mike show him who's boss! "
" break the dicks neck max! "
" you gonna let him do that? "
mike stepped back, wiping the blood from his lip and regaining eye contact with me, "is that all you got?" he crowed, smirking infuriatingly at me.
i growled and threw myself at him, changing direction at the last minute.
my blood hummed in my veins as determination and anger took over.
i grabbed mike by the head and swung him into the lockers, watching as his face made harsh contact with the metal.
he fell to the ground as everyone cheered my name.
i may have won this time,
but i knew it was far from over.

blood was slowly oozing out of numerous wounds on my face and arm, a small but relentless flow of crimson, but however, i felt no pain; only victory.
" you're crazy, you know that? " talia says, a spark of anger present in her tone.
" but i beat him " i argue.
" but you're suspended "
" but i beat him "
she looks up at me and rolls her eyes.
that's all that really matters to me at this point.
i had beaten mike herley in a fight.
i had beaten up mike herley to protect sadie.
and it felt so god damn good.

S A D I E

the door swung open, a sudden crack of light tracing along the floor and reaching my body.
after being in darkness for so long, the light attacked my eyes, causing me to cover my face with my hands in attempt to shield my retinas.
" sadie, come on! they've left " i hear josh's modulated voice say, making it easier for me to face the brightness ahead.
i scramble to my feet and run out of the door into josh's arms.
he was my best friend in here and i couldn't be happier that he had finally come to get me out.
" you're putting yourself in a risky position sneaking me out you know " i tell him as we part.
he smiles his usual goofy smile, " it's worth it. i can't survive another night without you. josie is literally out of control "
i chuckle before we make our way up the stairs.

we open the door and everyone's heads sharply turn to face us.
their faces light up with glee, all except for josie's.
i flash her a rather plastic smile as josie was certainly one of the most annoying people in the world and couldn't care less for anyone but herself.
" sadie, " jonathan says as i turn my head to face him, " max has texted....many, many times "

•••
double update
be proud it doesn't happen often
also am i moving things too quickly? too slowly?
pls give me feedback i don't know if i'm doing this whole fanfic thing right or wrong i need answers¡
love you all endlessly btw
ur amazing
don't change for anyone
ever
- amelia