18 | see you later

|max pov|

i blink and stare blankly at sadie in horror and shock.
my heart was racing and i felt breathless.
after pouring your heart out to someone, you don't exactly expect them to then tell you they're leaving.
but that's just life isn't it.
in real life things don't run so smoothly.
at certain points in our lives we want things to run so perfectly and straight forward.
but more often that not, bad news always seem to knock us down when we think things are starting to go up hill.
well that's how it's been for me anyways,
bad news has always outnumbered good news.
"y-you're actually leaving?" i ask as sadie nods her head in despair, "when?"
"tomorrow"
"why so soon?! i just told you how i felt and you  plan to leave the day after!" i raise my voice slightly causing sadie to tense up, " i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i just wasn't expecting it"
" you think i want to leave? that house is the only thing i have to remind me of my mum apart from this" she says, sliding her hand into her pocket and pulling out a small photograph.
" that's your mum? " i ask as i glance at the photograph that was slowly losing its colours.
sadie nods, " then that's me, and that's my dad, before.."
i supportively place my hand onto her shoulder, causing her to lose her tense posture and ease back into her calm state.
"w-we should get going, it's getting late" she says and i nod in agreement.
we both stand up,taking one last look at scenery before beginning to walk down the hill.
"so where are you going to stay tonight now that your dads down at the station?"
" my house, a police officer has been told to stay with me until tomorrow and then take me down to catch my train in the morning" sadie explains, as i quickly slip my hand into hers, intertwining our fingers.
she doesn't pull away, instead she gives my hand a gentle squeeze as if to show me how scared she was.
"you'll be fine" i tell her as we make our way back home.

that night, i remained sleepless.
every time i shut my eyes realisation kicked in. once again i was about to lose someone i had found happiness in.
the thought of sadie leaving lingered in my mind for the entire night, ultimately causing me to think about harvey and how he had left too.

thinking about harvey always put a damper on my emotions.
he was my best friend and the only person in the world i trusted with my life.
losing him felt like losing myself, but no one would ever truly understand that.

i pull my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around my shins; if i could just curl up into a ball, i wouldn't have to face real life, i'd be protected from everything around me.
however i'd still have to live with myself, with the wretched memories swirling around in my head.
my eyes, already red and puffy from crying, squeeze shut to push more tears out. i let my head fall down to my knees, and i pull my legs closer to me.
but no matter what i did, there was no where i could hide from the thoughts in my head.

"sadie! sadie!" i call as i catch a glimpse of the beautiful, petite brunette that was about to step onto the train.
she whips her head round abruptly so that her eyes meet mine.
"max?"
"i came to see you, i couldn't just let you leave"
she looks up at me and smiles.
she gives me a smile that is just so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness, causing an unexpected warmth to rush over me.
"you didn't have t-"
"i wanted to come sadie, if i could've said goodbye to harvey i would have, so here i am" i say as i take both of her hands into mine.
"i guess this is goodbye then" she mutters, her despair detectable in her tone.
"no, not goodbye. goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting"
she looks up at me, her eyes coated in a shimmering gloss of tears that were centimetres away from making their way down her freckled cheeks, " oh max, i certainly will not forget you"
i swiftly connect our lips for one last time.
it felt as though the whole world around us stopped completely.
i know these kind of things only happen in movies but it just felt so unbelievably perfect that all my worries melted away.

"i'll see you later, m" sadie whispers as we part.
"i'll see you later, s"
i then watch as the girl, i had some how fallen so in love with so unexpectedly and quickly, steps onto the train.
i knew this would probably be the last time i saw her because who knows where she's headed,
and therefore i had to try and forget her,
for my own sake.

i planned to forget her fain,
but oh, she pressed to my memory,
like damned guilty deeds to sinners' minds.

•••
so you probably think this is the end
but oh how wrong you are
it's only just getting started
kiss me through the phone season 2!!1!1!
but i'm going to continue in the same book bc i cba making a separate one
ha effort no thanks
there's gonna me more messages
and hopefully some drama idk
so
thoughts?
comment if you can see this chapter because people are having trouble
-amelia