10 | betrayal

|sadie pov|

what hides behind the lies are truths that failed to get to the light. what lies behind finn's betrayal may have been obvious to everyone but me.
he stopped talking to me.
he stopped smiling at me.
he stopped looking at me.
he cut me off completely.
i just assumed it was because he was busy, or he couldn't seem to find me around school this year due to us being in different classes.
but no.
he went and became friends with the only person in this world that caused me almost as much pain as my dad did.
finn knew, he knew the hatred i carried for marc knowles and the pain that he had brought into my life.
but that didn't stop him from joining marc's posse.
i guess it's my own fault really. i made the mistake of actually thinking that someone in this world enjoyed my presence.
i guess i truly am a complete outcast of this world.

" well well well, if it isn't miss ' i'm not homeless ' out here all alone " marc smirks, walking over to me with his posse following close behind.
as they get closer, i move further away, maintaining eye contact with finn to show him how angry i truly was at his betrayal.
" so what's your excuse for this then huh? you decided to go for a stroll with a bag filled with belongings on your shoulder? " marc continues and i remain silent.
" silent treatment huh? " he chuckles and turns his head to face his posse, " get her "
as soon as i hear the words escape his lips, i take off running.
the whole gang of them follow behind, shouting and calling for me.
my breathing hitches as i sharply turn a corner and press myself against a wall, hoping they won't notice me.
luckily enough, they don't.
the whole lot of them run straight past the alley way, still calling for me.
i remain silent until i was positive that they were gone.
i peek my head around the wall and cannot see a single one of them in sight.
phew.
i let out a deep sigh and allow the breath i had been holding in free.
" well played " i hear someone say from behind, causing me to freeze completely.
i slowly turn around and see finn standing there clapping his hands.
without hesitation, i storm right over to him and slap him across the face.
he winces and places his hand against his cheek, right were i had slapped him.
" you fucking dick " i say through gritted teeth, pushing his shoulders backwards and causing him to stumble.
" look sadie, i didn- "
" i trusted you. i trusted you. i thought i'd finally found someone who cared for me. oh how i was wrong "
" all i did was make new friends, you said that was okay " he says and i roll my eyes.
" i didn't mean you could go and be best friends with him! "
" how was i meant to know there was restrictions " he raises his voice and throws his hand in the air, he was clearly getting angry.
" common sense! if you were actually my friend you would have stayed as far away from marc as you could "
" i guess i was never your friend then " he spits, turning away and walking back down the alley.
" you betraying little bitch! " i shout as he leaves, just like everyone does.
maybe i'm just toxic.
maybe it's just best for people to forget about me.

•••
lil more on the finn situationnn.
thoughts on the new cover ?¿
i'm diggin it tbh.
ALSOOOO
i'm publishing a new harvey mills fanfic right now called ' philophobia '.
i'm really excited for it and i'm sure you'll all love it too.
check it out!
- amelia