13 | lost the feeling of feeling

|max pov|

" hey talia, " i begin as talia and i make our way to school, " how come i saw you walking with sadie yesterday? "
i didn't see it, but i can almost feel talia roll her eyes.
" max, she's a human. i don't care what she's done in the past, everyone deserves a second chance "
" it's not what she's done, it's who she is " i correct her, talia completely stops in her tracks, causing me to stop aswell, " what? "
" then i don't care who she is. max we've seen with our own eyes that she's struggling, she needs someone and therefore i'm going to be there for her. i don't give a flying shit what you think " she says, her tone stern, as she folds her arms and glares at me.
" just warning you "
" yeah, well i don't need your warnings "
she pushes past me and continues walking, leaving me trailing behind in the awkward silence.

my phone suddenly buzzes in my pocket. i pull it out quickly and click on my chat with s.

anonymous
hey

max
hi? aren't you in school?

anonymous
nope

max
what! why not?

anonymous
took a day off for reasons

max
reasons likeee

anonymous
i'm not ready to tell, sorry

max
i get it

max
buttttt on the bright side it makes it easier for me to guess who you are

max
just gotta look out for the person not in

anonymous
good luck on ur quest young m

a slight chuckle escapes my lips, causing me to look around and check no one was watching.
they'd be seriously confused if they saw me laughing to myself.

max
why thank you

max
are you not gonna like do the sword thingy over my shoulders?

anonymous
accolade?

max
acco what?

anonymous
accolade, it's the ' sword thingy over your shoulders '

max
ohhhh

max
right

max
that

anonymous
i would but it's kinda hard through screens

max
aaaand there i get hit with the cold hard truth

the irritating noise of the school bell ringing pierces through my ear drums, causing me to drop my phone.
i swiftly drop to the ground and pick it up, quickly flipping it over to reveal my new, extremely cracked screen.
" shit " i mutter as i stand back up.
" max! " i hear someone call.
" lucas? "
" that's me, you wanna skip chemistry? " he asks. i glance down at my cracked screen before sliding my phone back into my pocket.
" why not "

|sadie pov|

i fall back onto my bed in frustration, realising that m had probably left for first period, leaving me all alone.
i stand back up and head over to my mirror, staring at the purple bruises that had now formed on my cheeks.
slowly, i run my fingers over them, flinching as pain floods my cheek as i touch each one.
as much as i try to hold it in, the pain comes out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream.
the beads of water start to fall down one after another, without a sign of stopping.
i hit the wall and try to scream for help, but my voice was melted by the weakness of my throat. the muffled sobs wrack against my chest.
the world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. the taste. the smell. everything was gone.
the last painful emotion slams against me before i lose the feeling of feeling.
everything darkened into nothingness as i passed into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

•••
oo what happened to sadie?
- amelia