Chapter 1: Escape

(Addison's P.O.V)

               The sound of metal clanging is all I hear

The sound of metal clanging is all I hear. Scientist move around the operating table vastly. I already feel dead, the scientist have won. I try to wiggle my toes but the doses of red liquid that the scientist have given me have numbed all my senses completely. Tears fall from my cheeks as I prey that somebody will come and save me. The doctor, with some kind of last name that is way too hard for me to even consider trying to pronounce, comes into view. He winks at me, making me feel disgusted.
"You can't fight what's coming, Dear One." The Doctor says
"Kill—me," I manage to spit out.
"We're not going to kill you, Miss McKelly." He has a Slavic accent, "But I can assure you that it's going to hurt very, very badly."
The Slavic Doctor holds up a needle for me to see before oputting it into my neck, I let out a sob like sound. Not a human one at that. He chuckles as I wince in pain. And that's when I hear it. An ear piercing scream fills the room, making all the doctor's cover their ears. It sounds almost like an owl. Where did that screaming come from? The Slavic Doctor comes into view again.
"Shut up, witch!" It was me that had screamed, not an owl.
"Damn it! Why must they all fight?" He shouts to no one in particular.
I can't help but smirk at his anger. It's my only entertainment. Has been for the past few weeks. Or months, it's been so long. The Slavic Doctor comes into view again. I scream once again, my throat burning.
"Doctor, she's almost at the breaking point! We must stop—" A nurse says nearby.
               "No! We must go all the way!" He shouts back over my screaming.
               Suddenly, the room starts to shake uncontrollably. It's an earthquake! Wait, no, it's not an earthquake. It's my screaming. So I scream louder and louder, the lights flicker on and off. As I reach the height of my scream ability, sparks from the LED lights above me fly everywhere. I manage to stand up and finish off my screams. The room goes all black, then an alarm goes off, the room turning red. I somehow manage to escape form my bounds. I somehow manage to get off of the operating table and run out of the room. Up ahead, I can see guards running my way. I scream loudly, making them fly backwards. I run down every all and turn every corner until I see a door that leads outside. With all my might, I scream so loudly, that the door burst open. I run outside, feeling the muddy dirt on my bare toes. There's a forest that surrounds this place, I run with all I have left into the great unknown to look for whatever can save me form going back to the threshold of hell.

                The Slavic Doctor was smart not to come after me. I had managed to steal some clothes from a woman's clothes line outside her house. After I had changed clothes in the women's restroom, without being seen I might add, I pulled the hood up and walked out. I got on a bus and stayed there on that seat for hours. The bus driver drove me from someplace called Vancouver to New York City. Before my mother died, she had told me that if anything bad ever happened to her or she was out of reach, to go find a man by the name of Tony Stark. My father.