Chapter 25

After over three years later, it was finally Toby and Spencer's big day. So much can change in a day let alone three years, but Spencer and Toby's love for one another only grew stronger. As did other relationships.

Alison grew extremely close with Emily's parents, and she felt like she became even closer with her own parents, even though she had no clue that was even possible. The amount of trauma they all had been through together, was enough to make an everlasting bond.

Alison had walked around, drink in her hand, wandering aimlessly through the reception portion of the big day. Almost every single person had stopped her to talk to her. She had the same conversation with everyone she talked too, that is, until Spencer finally stopped her.

"Hey." Spencer smiled and hugged the blonde tightly. "Your speech was so good." Everyone, literally everyone, was either crying or on the verge of crying. Spencer was a puddle of tears herself, listening to all the kind words, and beautiful memories that Alison had recounted in front of the large crowd.

"Good, I worked on that thing for over three years." Ali chuckled, pulling away from Spencer so she could finish the rest of her drink.

"You're probably pretty popular today, aren't you?"

"Um, yeah." Ali shrugged, looking into the bottom of the glass, making a note to herself that she needed more. "But you better get back out there, I'm sure Toby is waiting for you and everyone's attention should be on you today."

"Okay." Spencer smiled as she reached out for Alison's wrist. "You know, I love you too my bestie." With one final hug, Spencer made her way back to the middle of the floor while Alison moved in the opposite direction.

She pushed her way through the never ending sea of people. She caught sight of a few people smoking outside. Some fresh air sounded like something Alison really needed at the moment. Alison got a refill on her glass of wine before she pushed herself through the crowd and into the chilly night.

"Toby." Alison noticed the sharp suited man standing next to the fire right away. "I just sent Spencer to look for you, she'll be waiting for you." With a beaming smile and a quick, "see you later" Toby was off like a colt at the start of a race.

Alison sat on the little bench beside the fire, taking the glass to her lips once again. Her eyes watched the flames bounce and flicker with every new ounce of energy. Her body shivered, even though she was right next to the blaze.

"Is my little superstar cold already?" She felt the warm body next to her slide over, so that they were almost touching.

"What were you two talking about?" Alison settled into the radiating heat next to her, connecting their bodies into a simple embrace.

"Nothing." Was all she got in reply. She turned her head to look at the beautiful goddess next to her. She had her gaze fixed on the orange flames as well. It was something she slowly came to know about the girl; she loved fires.

"You making friends out here, or what?" Alison joked, taking her eyes over every single person that was outside. She heard the girl hum and give her a slight head shake, letting her know that she probably wasn't even listening. Chances are, she was totally spaced out. "You never were the loquacious type." Ali chuckled, searching and connecting her hands with her.

Alison let her brain swirl in thought for a while. She too found herself start unwind. It didn't come as a surprise to her. Anytime she was this close, her worries slipped away. "Emily." Alison finally broke the brunette of her thoughts, curious as to what was captivating the girl's mind for the past ten minutes. "What are you thinking about?"