Shark Week and Cuddles.

Shannon's POV:

I wake up with a sticky feeling and a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I push my blanket off me and mentally scream. I've bled all over my bed sheets. And Melanie spent the night too. FUCK! I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I slowly open the door to see Melanie in the shower, lathering shampoo into her fading coloured hair. Her back was facing me, therefore she didn't see me walking in on her. I froze completely. She's a lot thinner than I was. Her stomach was flat, and her ribs poked out slightly whenever she arched her back. I was zoned back into reality when I felt something running down my leg and onto my foot.

Oh right, I'm bleeding out of my vagina...

I quickly jumped out of the washroom and knocked on the door frame, keeping my eyes closed.

"H-Hey, um.. Mela-NIE?" I spoke up, cursing myself for my voice crack. She hummed in response, letting me know that I had her attention. "I-I know you're in the middle of showering, but Japan attacked... and uh... I-is it okay if I uh... C-come in and... uh... You know what?" I mentally face palmed.

"Japan attacked...?" She asked, confused.

"It's shark week," I cleared up.

"Oh-oh, yeah. Um... Yeah, come in." She quickly responded. I walked in and crouched down to get a tampon out of the cabinet. I cuss when I realized that I didn't have anything left, and all I had was a single, ultra thin pad.

Well, that's FUCKING fantastic.

Melanie giggled quietly. I turned around and see her looking at me, lathering some body wash onto her petite body. I tried my hardest to not stare at her, but I wasn't so slick when Melanie giggled again, her hands placed on her hips.

"O-oh, I um... Need to go shopping for more pads and tampons," I told her out of the blue, trying to change the subject after I completely checked out my friend with her clearly knowing. Melanie giggled again before rinsing off her body and turning off the water. She wrapped a towel around her body and her hair before stepping out of the shower and onto the small carpet I had by the shower. I grabbed the single ultra pad and walked over to my closet to pick out some clothes. I ended up getting a pair of grey, really baggy sweatpants that I may or may not have 'borrowed' from Ray and one of Frankie's old shirts, a sweatshirt, and some clean underwear (because I'm not going to wear my stained ones anymore, because by now, the blood stains aren't going to come out.) I didn't feel like wearing a bra today, since I'm small enough to basically go braless 24/7. I'm nearly completely flat, anyways. I pushed my glasses up my nose and walked downstairs with Melanie our arms linked after she got dressed.

"Oh, you two are awake," Ray greeted us, flashing us a smile.

"Y-yeah, um.. Have you seen Gerard anywhere?" I ask him. He nodded.

"Oh, he went to get some breakfast. He's too lazy to cook one himself. You know how he is."

Melanie and I giggled. "Yeah, thank you, Ray."

"Anytime, kiddo. Say, are those my sweatpants by any chance?"

"Nope! I don't know what you're talking about. Bye, Ray!" I kissed his cheek before prancing up to my bedroom. I got my phone and sent a message to Gerard.

Gerard

Hey, are you on your way home?

Yeah, I just picked up some breakfast. Why, do you
need me to pick anything up for you or Melanie?

Yeah, can you pick up some pads and tampons for me?
I ran out this morning.

Of course, I'll be home soon.

Wait, really? You're not grossed out by that?

Killjoy, I'm a 30 year man. I've been doing it ever
since I was 17. If a guy is ever grossed
out by buying period shit for you, bleed on everything he owns.

GerARD-

I'll be home soon, baby. I'll see you soon.

"I'm home!" Gerard called, closing the front door. Melanie and I both ran over to Gerard. He handed me five bags from Shopper's Drug Mart and gave me a small smile. "I didn't know which ones you girls use, so I got like three of everything there." He whispered.

"Did anyone give you a weird looks or anything?" Melanie asked. He shook his head.

"Now, go and do what you need to do," He giggled. I rolled my eyes and took the bag from him, thanking him silently.

After I did what I needed to do, I tried my best to rinse out as much blood as I possibly could, but ended up throwing them away.

Melanie knocked on the wall she was leaning against. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her face had a playful smirk on it.

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked.

"Well, I was trying to get the stain out of my underwear, but it didn't work. So, I threw it away," I told her, washing my hands with a shit ton of soap. She giggled, her eyes squinted. "And those were one of my favourite pairs, too."

"The cheeky, white lace ones with the pink bow at the front?" Melanie asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, wait. How did you know?" I questioned. She giggled again before making her way over to me and sitting on the counter.

"You sleep without pants, Shan-Shan," She started. I felt my cheeks heating up at the nick name. "And plus, we undressed in front of each other before bed." I shrugged. She was right.

Suddenly, I felt I sharp pain.

"Fuck... I hate being a girl," I whispered. Melanie hopped off the counter and brought me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. She cradled the back of my head while I groaned in pain into the crook of her neck, wrapping my arms around her waist. "I need Advil."

Melanie picked me off the ground and wrapped my legs around her waist as she carried me to my bed, "You need rest. I'll get some Advil and some water for you." Melanie told me. She carefully laid me down and pulled the blanket over my shoulders before going downstairs.

When she came back and I swallowed the small, green pill, Melanie crawled underneath the covers. I groaned and laid my head on her chest. Humming a soft tune, she played with my hair and drew patterns on my back until I fell asleep. The last thing I could remember before I passed out, was feeling a soft kiss being planted on my forehead and Melanie smiling, hugging me close against her small body.

-

HEY, Y'ALL!

HAPPY 20BITEEN (2019)
i'm so fucking sorry for not updating this story. i felt like i needed a break and to take care of my mental heath for a while.

but i'm back, and i hope you enjoyed the fluffy ending. <3