The Old Mill

Walking into the Old Mill I couldn't believe how much space there was. From the outside it didn't look like much except for the beer garden beside the river lit up with the tiny led lights which were cute, but inside there is so much space. It went round in a circle with the bar in the centre and the old stone mill in the middle. There were stairs over to one side going up to the next level and underneath the upstairs balcony at the back are pool tables and pinball machines. "Wow" was all I could say to explain my feelings.

"Yea. It's a hidden gem" Lottie tells me as we make our way through the crowd in front of the bar to get a space following Kayli as she shouts to a guy named Alessandro. He must have brilliant hearing because he looks up to his name being called and waves her over.

I feel like I've seen him before somewhere but my brain doesn't want to connect it. He must be around my age or a little bit older. He's tanned and average height and although I can see muscles under his tight fitting white tshirt he's quite trim. He has a strong jaw with a sprinkling of facial hair that some might call stylish with around chin length dark brown hair that nearly looks black that's tied back at the nape of his neck and chocolate brown eyes.

When we get to the bar and his eyes meet mine I feel like there are troubles behind them even though his face is smiling but what do I know? He has a couple of hoop earrings in his ears and rings on random fingers which gives off a kind or rock vibe to me. He's good looking in a way that I wouldn't normally be attracted too and I have to question myself after all the alcohol consumed tonight!

"What brings you lovely ladies here tonight?" Alessandro asks leaning against the bar with a bright smile meeting each of us in the eye.

"Booze!" Kayli states loudly raising her hands in the air.

"Am I having to cut you off again Kayli?" He asks crossing his arms over his chest laughing.

"No?" She says raising her eyebrows trying to look innocent making us laugh.

"Nice to see you again Willow" Alessandro states nodding to me.

"Again?" I ask confused.

"I'm sorry" he says self consciously. "The last time I seen you I was trying to get Drew to come in to you for his first session" he explains but I still don't click. "I'm Alessandro" he states holding his hand out and I shake it "my friends call me Alex. I was wearing a beanie and sweats the last time I seen you." He says laughing running his hand through his hair.

"Ah. I remember now. Sorry" I apologise vaguely aware that I've met him before. "I was probably more focused on him than anything else. Nice to meet you, again" I say with a chuckle and a small wave.

"Full of surprises" Lottie whispers to me laughing but I just nudge her and try to ignore the girls watching me.

"So!" Alex says clapping his hands together and rubbing them. "What will your poison be?" He asks with a bright smile.

"Cocktails!" Kayli shouts "the good ones" she says sitting up on a free bar stool and leaning over the bar to see the bottles just on the other side.

Alex hits her hand playfully "hands off the goods missy" he says laughing and Kayli pouts good-naturedly at him huffing. A couple of other men stand and offer their stools sending nods to Alex and we all sit up at the bar to watch him as he does flips and tricks with the shakers making a different cocktail for each of us that taste amazing!

As the night goes on the crowd begin to dance and the place has the feel of a night club when the lights are turned down and light effects are put on. The girls and I spend time dancing with one another and it feels good to let my hair down and act my age for once and we even add in a couple of Kayli's "slut drops" as we go. We've attracted attention from a few of the men in the bar and I have danced with some for a bit of fun but for a change when I walk away they let me which is a breath of fresh air but I've had a niggling feeling of been watched most of the night. I've looked around to see if anyone is acting weird or watching me more than anyone else but nothing has stuck out to me. I want to shake the feeling but Uncle Sinclair always says to trust your gut! I'll stay alert, yea right! My drunk brain thinks!