V & C

Willow

I wake up still feeling exhausted. It's dark out so I know I still have time to sleep before getting up for work but I'm awake because I'm hungry.

I pull back the covers and put my feel on the cold floor. Wait! I have carpet! I lean to the side of the bed and switch on the lamp. When I look around I realise that I'm not in my own bedroom. Alone thankfully but not at home.

I stand up and turn in a circle taking in the minimalistic room. It's painted white with a large king size bed with red sheets. There is a set of drawers below a flatscreen tv and two bedside tables either side of the bed with red lamps on them and a hardwood floor with the softest looking rug at the bottom of the bed. I stop my inspection and focus on what I remember of the day before and suddenly remember that I was at Hayden's house after work and try to ignore the pang in my chest as I remember what else happened.

"Phew!" I thought I was reliving my youth of random houses and beds i'd wake up in after a bender.

I see my phone on the side table and see that I have five missed calls from Uncle Sinclair. I cancel the notification not being ready to talk to him yet. I pick up my jewellery and lift my sandals from the floor. I make the bed and head out the door. When I get out to the hall I see the glow from a light and walk towards it which leads me to a set of stairs, I can hear low murmurs coming from below so head down.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I realise I was on the top level and head down the next set. At the bottom of those I come out next to the kitchen where Ajax spots me. "Nice nap Glykia mou?" He smile brightly.

"I'm still so tired" I say but smile slightly embarrassed that someone put me to bed. I put my jewellery on and leave my shoes at the stairs. "What time is it?" I ask looking around for a clock then remember I have my phone and glance at it as Zander tells me "10pm". "Who put me to bed?" I ask taking my braid out and pulling my hair up into a bun.

"I thought you would have been comfier in a bed than the couch" Hayden says with a slight blush. "I took your sandals and necklace off so it didn't get tangled"

"Thanks. You must have some strong muscles under there if you lifted me up two flights" I say making a joke.

"You'd be surprised" he says with a wink and I smile. He can seem so reserved and shy at times then the next minute a flirt.

"So... are you hungry?" Zander asks rolling his eyes at Hayden and I.

"Starving. That's the only reason I woke up" I say patting my stomach.

"Let's get you fed then" Austin says walking to the oven pulling out a plate covered in foil, he takes the cover off and puts it in the microwave.

"Do you want something to drink?" Ajax asks opening the fridge and I sit down at the kitchen island beside everyone as Austin comes back.

Their kitchen is gorgeous and appears to go around in a circle with a kitchen counter in the centre with a sparkly black marble top, matching splash back and black and white tiling on the floor. They have shiny black and chrome appliances and it looks very modern. The pool is out French doors and the back garden is lit with little solar powered lights in the ground around the edge of the grass near the pool side. I want to liven up my garden.

"I'd take a lilt if you have one?"

"Óchi" he says shaking his head and I take that to mean no.

"No worries. Anything that's fizzy" I say distracted eyeing up his firm butt in his kaki cargo shorts as he leans into the fridge. His legs are bronzed and toned and his tight fitting white work top shows off those large biceps and muscular back I got to see when we got soaked.