Flash drive Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Here's what I don't understand, Miss l/n, your normal clients are rich business people not exactly superheroes. Why exactly do you need this flash drive?" He asks retracting his hand to take a sip of the water.

"I don't think that's any of your concern," You say drinking your water.

"I am going to ask you this again, why do you need the flash drive?"

"To take down a government operative who is selling secrets to HYDRA" You blurt out quickly. You quickly bring your hands up to your mouth in surprise.

"What about the businessmen? Why them?" He interrogates.

"They went corrupt a long time ago," You answer quickly, "What's going on?"

"It's called truth serum. Do you... have you ever killed someone?"

"No, never" You tried to cover your mouth but nothing would work.

"Do you work with HYDRA?"

"No, I work with my best friend Alexis...Make it stops" You beg.

"Do you ever want to work with HYDRA?"

"No, not at all...Please stop it" You say as tears well up in your face. You had never been under someone's control, so it felt awful to be manipulated.

"Would you ever hurt any of the Avengers?"

"No," you replied, "Absolutely not"

"How can I trust you?"

"Because I love you" You cry out, stepping away from the table, "I love you and I would never want to hurt you. Apparently...apparently I'm the only one that feels that way."

"Wait!" Steve called out to you, but you didn't stop. You continued to run until you reached your apartment.

"y/n, you're here early," Alexis said taking you into her arms. You sobbed unable to feel the emotional pain that you were going through.

"Y/n, please," Steve said, panting on the apartment door, "Here me out"

Alexis took a large look at you before connecting the dots. Glaring at Steve, she laid you down on your bed before walking to talk to him.

"What did you do?" She asked, still hear the slight noise of your tears.

"It's all my fault," He says rubbing his head, "The team needed answers so they put this truth serum into the water, and asked me to interrogate."

"Please don't tell me that you actually followed out with it..." She grumbled.

"I had no choice, I can't-" He was cut off by Alexis smacking the back of his head.

"There is always a choice, Rogers, you just made the wrong one." She glared.

"Anyways, it got a little out of hand and she told me that she loved me. When I didn't say anything, She-" Alexis smacked him again, this time a little softer.

"You didn't tell her anything?! Are you an idiot?" She yelled.

"Look I didn't mean to. I just was so surprised that I was just frozen. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen like this." He pleaded.

"I'm not the woman you should be apologizing to. You broke her heart, so only you can fix it. Now I want you to go to her and tell her how you feel, cause if you don't there will be consequences," She replied sternly, pointing to your room. He nodded before walking in.

"Y/n?" You could hear him from outside the doorway.

"Go away" You replied.

"Y/n, please?" He begged.

"I don't want to talk to you," You answered.

"You don't have to talk, okay? Just listen" He pleads. You could hear the desperation in his voice, so you decided to at least let himself explain.

"Y/n, when I first met you, you were captivating. You held yourself in such high esteem, even though you were chained up. You never faltered in your words, and you weren't afraid to stand up for yourself. Then when I saw you tonight, there was a completely different person. You decided to break down the emotional walls and let me in. I saw you scared because you were afraid someone would hurt you, and I promised myself to never let you get hurt. I never wanted you to have that look that you had in your eyes ever again.

"I never thought that I would be the cause of such heartbreak. The second after you ran out, my heart shattered into so many pieces because I knew that if I let you go, it would be the worst idea in my entire life. I'm not asking you to forgive me, because I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. All I want is for you to know that I will always be there for you, even when you think you don't need me. I'm so sorry." He apologizes. By now you were leaning on the door contemplating if you wanted to let him back into your life.

"Steve?" You whispered, "Promise me that won't do that again. Promise me that no matter what happens I'll be safe."

"Doll, I swear to you that I will never hurt you again. You'll be safe, I promise" He says.

You fling open the door to see Steve kneeling down in front of you, his eyes red with tears.

"I love you,"you saw, hugging him.

"I'm sorry" He replies as he brings you into his chest, "I love you so much."