Chapter 43

Callie was heading downstairs when she saw Archie, he looked ready to go out.

"I got an internship with Mr. Lodge," Archie told her. " I told him I was thinking about business, and he wants the best from me if I am dating Veronica."

" Don't push yourself too hard," Callie advised.

"I won't," Archie assured her before leaving the house. 

*****

Later Callie was hanging out with Jughead at his trailer. FP was getting ready for work. They were working on a project when there was a knock at the door.

" Sheriff Keller," Jughead greeted as he opened the door. " What a surprise."

"Jughead, FP, Callie," Sheriff greeted as he walked in. " Sorry to bother you. It's..."

" We do not have General Picken's head," Jughead stated, cutting him off. " And we do not know who stole it.

" Same as the last four times you came by to ask us and our neighbors," FP added.

" You know, Sheriff these visits are starting to feel a lot like harassment. There's absolutely no evidence. Zero proof whatsoever pointing to any particular group of suspects."

" Well, you did write a rather scathing article about the General's legacy, which prompted the Southside Serpents to stop by at Pickens Day with an ax to grind," Sheriff Keller pointed out.

" He's actually writing a new article," Callie said.

" About how you seem to care more about catching a vandal than the Black Hood," Jughead added. In the words of the Black Hood, Callie paused on the project and her mind went back to the night. Something has been telling her that maybe that they did not get the right guy. " Can I get a quote?" FP started the to laugh. After Sheriff Keller left, Jughead and Callie made their way to school. They now sat in the student lounge as Veronica was telling them about her confirmation.

" I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there as well," Veronica insisted. " Usually these kind of events, baptisms, confirmations are family-only, but since its all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew."

" What is the dress code?" Kevin asked.

" Catholic chic. So, dresses for girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys," Veronica answered as she rubbed Archie's shoulders.

" Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the Principal's office" Principal Weatherbee instructed over the PA. 

******

After Vixen's practice was over, Callie was walking out of the school all by herself.

"Are you coming to the Whyte Wrym today?" Fangs asked as he walked up to her.

" No," Callie answered. " Jughead is coming over so we can finish our project."

" You always swing by afterward," Fangs suggested. " Sweet Pea would be delighted to see you, so would Toni.

" I will come by later this week," Callie assured him. " I gotta work on the project and later help my dad with bills."

" Don't work too hard," Fangs advised before walking away. 

*******

Later that night Callie was working on the bills with her dad when she got a call from Toni.

"Hello?" Callie asked answering the phone.

" Mayor McCoy is shutting down the trailer park," Toni said in a panic. " Due to rent that needs to be paid. We have 14 days to pack up and leave."