Chapter 123

That night, Callie was home with Archie when there was a knock at the door.

"Jug, Mr. Jones, what's going on?" Callie asked as she opened the door. 

"We need Archie to open up his gym," Fp answered.

"What right now?" Archie asked. 

"After we make a couple of stops," Jughead answered. They grabbed Mr. Keller then made their way to the Lodges.

"Gentlemen, Callie to what do I owe this late-night call?" Hiram asked. 

"You need to reinstate Tom Keller as Sheriff, Hiram," Fp answered. "Right the hell now." After that, they all went to Archie's gym. Under the boxing mat laid numerous children, all fast asleep. They looked innocent, after that, Callie sat in her bed, she was trying to come with the speech she was to give for graduation. She didn't even know where to begin. Callie and Archie went down to see mom laying out their cap and gown. 

"Mom, it's not even graduation yet," Callie smiled. 

"No, but it is your last day of high school," Mom smiled.

"We don't know that yet," Mom said. 

"I do," Mom said. "I have a really good feeling. You've been applying yourself so much lately."

"Yeah, we'll see," Archie said. "Love you, Mom."

"Love you," Callie smiled.

"Love you," She said to the both of them as they headed off to school. 

****

At school, students stood around to witness the opening of the time capsule from 1945.

"Seventy-five years ago, the first senior class of Riverdale High buried a time capsule just before they graduated," Weatherbee said. "And now, as our seniors prepare for their own graduation, it's time to open it. Ladies." Everyone clapped as Toni opened the box. 

"A copy of The Riverdale Register from June 12, 1945," Cheryl said as she showed the paper to everyone. 

"A copy of The Blue and Gold also from that same year," Toni said as she up a page."

"This one's for Jughead," Cheryl said as she looked at the next thing. "A Pop's menu from when hamburgers only cost 15 cents." Everyone laughed lightly at Jughead, they looked back at the front.

"Baseball card of Ambrose "The Rocket' Pipps, Riverdale's hometown hero," Toni said. 

"Ew," Cheryl frowned. "A Red Circlecomic book."

"And lastly, a photo of four seniors, and it's written here that this was taken days before the boys headed off to war," Toni said as she held up the photo. 

"All of these items will be on display in the hallway for closer inspection during graduation week," Cheryl announced. "And fellow seniors, enjoy your last day of high school." Everyone cheered. Now, they sat in the student lounge.

"Guys, doesn't this feel so weird?" Kevin asked. "Like this is the last time we'll all be hanging out in the lounge again."

"Expect for reunions?" Jughead brought up. 

"Yeah, and Homecoming, Kev," Toni added. 

"It just won't be the same," Reggie said.

"That's for sure," Callie agreed. 

"What exactly are we waiting for again?" Cheryl asked.

"Hot off the presses, chums," Veronica announced as she and Betty walked in with yearbooks.