Chapter 37

Callie now sat in the library with Sweet Pea, they shared earbuds as they listened to Callie's recordings of the Black Hood phone calls. They kept playing with the levels, undoing what voice was being messed with.

"Stop," Callie instructed. " I think this is the voice."

"How can you be so sure?" Sweetpea asked.

"I've heard it before," Callie admitted. " But I can't place where, but it seems extremely familiar."

"What are you going to do now?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Listen," Callie answered. " Listen to the daily voices I hear and see if one resembles this one the most.

"If you do, do not confront the person right away, get me and I will come with other serpents just in case he tries anything, funny," Sweet Pea said.

" I don't want to put you guys in danger," Callie protested.

" You won't," Sweet Pea assured her.

********

Callie was now in the newspaper room. Archie told them they printed all the pictures that Sweet Pea and her took.

"There was a third child, Joesph Conway, who survived the massacre," Veronica explained.

" They hid his identity, changed his name, so he could lead a normal life," Archie added.

"According to Sheriff Howard's notes, he was adopted by another family in Riverdale and presumably, enrolled at a local high school," Veronica informed.

" We got a picture of the kid," Archie said as showed the picture.

"Match that boy to one of the Riverdale High students, during the years he would've attended," Callie advised. " Maybe that way you will find out who his new name is now."

" Then he might be able to tell us how the Conway murders are the connected to the Black Hood," Betty added."

" Or he is the Black Hood," Jughead suggested. " Just go with me here. Let's say that our mystery kid did end up surviving the slaughter, maybe even saw it. That would have messed him up for life.

"Yeah, and somehow, for some reason, he could be blaming the town for what happened," Callie said. 

" And now he is just punishing for it," Jughead agreed.

" So, basically, we just have to go through all these yearbooks, page by page, and see if we find a match," Veronica informed. " So, not quite a needle in a haystack. What?"

" Uh, we just have to get ready for a party that we're hosting," Betty answered.

" It's my dad's retirement party, so..." Jughead trailed. 

" Oh," Archie and Veronica breathed.

" No, you guys should come," Callie insisted. Jughead began to stammer.

" Yeah, no, I'm renting a karaoke machine," Betty informed.

" It's not a big deal," Jughead assured them.

" You should come," Callie offered. " You guys should come if you want."

*******

Callie was now at the Whyte Wrym for the retirement party, she had just arrived with the Coopers. When they entered she saw Jughead smiling at Betty as if he was proud.

" Wow, Betty," Jughead complimented, Betty had her hair down. " Mrs. Cooper. Callie. You both look incredible." 

"Tell me about it," Mrs. Cooper agreed. " Unfortunately, I couldn't convince this one to dress appropriately. Hog Eye, get me..." Mrs. Cooper walked over to the table as she snapped her fingers.