Chapter 13

Callie was now at the club, dancing the night away, grinding with everyone in her group. They soon collapsed on the couches, sweating and laughing. Callie sat in between Veronica and Reggie, he put his feet on the table in front of them. Veronica went to go take a sip of her drink.

"Mmm-mm, girl. You better hydrate,'" Josie laughed.

"You practically left your body on the dance floor, " Callie added. 

" I wish Callie, I wish I could leave my body sometimes," Veronica admitted. " Leave Riverdale, leave everything

" Is any of this helping?" Kevin asked. " Going out, going Black Swan any of it?"  Everyone looked at Veronica as she set her drink down.

" When my dad got arrested, the police, the lawyers, the judge, the courts, they took everything from us," Veronica explained. " Our houses, our cars, our club memberships, our yacht, even, I'm not kidding the clothes off our backs." Reggie and Callie looked at each other before looking back at Veronica. " Anyway, my mom sat me down on the edge of my canopy bed and she told me not to cry. Because there was one thing in this world that no one could ever take from me. Not ever?"

"Your trust fund?" Reggie asked.

"My name, Reggie," Veronica stated with attitude. " Which after telling me no one would ever take it, that is exactly what she did. Like it meant nothing. Like it was nothing. Like I was nothing." She then grabbed her drink once more and took a sip. Callie got up.

"Where are you going?" Josie asked.

"If I want more fluids, I got to empty some," Callie answered. 

"I am coming too," Josie said.

"Same," Veronica spoke, the three girls stood up.

" We will be here when you get back," Reggie said.

"I don't doubt it," Callie smiled at him. The three made their way into the bathroom, while in there, the girls also fixed their make up.

"You know Veronica, people will take your name," Callie stated.

"Callie," Josie warned her.

"What? " Callie asked. " When I and Reggie go out to a fancy restaurant people always take our name."

"She's not wrong," Veronica laughed.

"And maybe one day, someone will trade that last part of their name," Callie suggested.

"But for now I will be a Lodge," Veronica smiled bigger. " Somehow that made me feel better."

"Good, cause if it didn't," Josie began. " I would be so mad at you Callie." 

"So, how are you?" Veronica asked. " You and Reggie?"

"Really good," Callie answered. " Even though people did not think we would last two days." 

" How long have you two been together?" Josie asked as they made their way back out.

" About eight months now," Callie answered. " After the Variety Show, he told me that he loved me."

"Aweeee," the girls cooed.

"He also said that we should name one of our sons Archie, but I said we can use that as a middle name." When they got back to the guys, they sat in the exact same spots. Callie and Reggie were in the middle of taking selfies when one of the people that worked there came over to them.

" I'm sorry, Ms Lodge, but your card's been declined," the man informed her.

"Really?" Veronica asked. " And let me guess, it's been reported stolen."