All this for a Tree?

ERIDAN POV.

You sit in your hive, pretty much doing nothing. You tried contacting Feferi but she won't answer and when you tried contacting Karkat, he said he was busy doing something.

Oh well...

Wait, someone is trolling you! Nepeta? That's new. She never writes to you first. You decide to go see what she wants.

":33< Hey Eridan!"

"Wwhy hello Nep! Wwhat's up?"

":33< I was wondering if you've heard the mews!"

"Wwhat newws?"

":33< I mew that nobody was willing to tell you!"

"Wwhat? Wwhy?"

":33< No offense but nobody really likes it when you come to the human-themed get-togethers... Remempurr the last time?"

"Hey! It's not evven my fault! Kar wwas the one that brought the human sugar!"

":33< anyways, that's not the point! We're doing a human-themed holiday called christmas!"

"Oh?"

Nepeta explains everything there is to know about christmas. You were still kind if bothered by the fact nobody wanted to invite you. She even told you it was Karkat who heard the news and started telling everyone. That liar...

"Anythin else?"

":33< One more! There's this thing that hangs from the ceiling called mistletoe!"

Mistletoe...?

":33< It furces two trolls under it to kiss! Even if they hate each other! Isn't that amazing?"

Oh! It does? You grin.

"Nep, I'll write you back later."

":33< Oh! Okay!"

You cease trolling and go outside. This Christmas thing might not be such a bad idea!

KARKAT POV.

You head outside. If this Christmas thing is going to work out, you need to find a tree.

Six feet tall? Not so easy to find since all the trees in this area are fucking huge. And your size makes it harder to find as well.

_________________________________

After hours of countless searching, you finally found a tree that was somewhat the size you were looking for. You were pretty fucking sure it was the only tree close enough to that size.

You try cutting it down but the tree was soon shot down nearly shooting you as well. The tree falls and you see a familiar fishy face. He was wearing his usual scarf and cape. Oh Gog...

"WHAT THE FUCK DO *YOU* WANT?"

"Just pickin out a tree for the holidays." Eridan growls.

No it can't be possible. How the fuck did HE find out about the whole christmas thing!

"Thank you, Kar, for findin the tree for me."

"THIS IS MY TREE, YOU FUCKTARD! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO FIND A TREE THAT'S THE RIGHT FUCKING SIZE?!"

"Exactly my point."

There was no way you were going to give up the tree. You spent hours looking for it and you're going to get it back. There's only one thing to do.

STRIFE

That is, you WERE going to strife... Eridan took out his wand and shot it at your hand-scythe, knocking it out of your hands.

Still holding his wand, "I don't feel like fightin today, Kar." He starts dragging the tree away. You notice something on his wand. It was covered by two leaves tied to a string. Oh no... Fuck.

"ERIDAN... TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THAT..."

He turns around, "Get wwhat?"

You point at the two leaves dangling on his wand. Eridan holds it up. "This? Made it myself!" He pauses, "You're not thinkin--"

"NO! FUCK NO! WHY THE FLYING FUCK WHOULD I WANT TO MAKE-OUT WITH YOU?!"

He smirks and lets go of the tree, "Take the tree. I didn't really wwant it anywway." And just like that, he leaves. He just LEAVES! LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED!

You shrug and take the tree. You also recapture-log your scythe. That was... weird... Why the fuck would he leave like that? Why would he--

You bump into something. Or should you say someone!

":33< KARKIT-- I mean, Karkat!"

__________________________________________________________________

Eridan? What? WHAAAAAAAAT?

Eridan founds mistletoe

What do you plan to do wit it....

The wworld may nyevver knoww...

Anywho, CLIFFHANGER! SORTA! I TRIED! :D

This is... a random chapter I guess...

Don't worry, Eridan, Terezi, and Equius play a HUGE part in the story later on. -u-

Hope you like!! ^^