Chap 7: Four, Three, Two, One

Kristen's Pov

Kristen's Pov

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking, we have just landed Nassau, Bahamas. Please remain seated until you've reached further notice with instructions. With that, thank you for flying with Anthony Airlines and have a great rest of your day." The intercom comes on, blocking my music out. I hate it when that happens. It gives the pilot way too much power, even though it's his job to inform us.

By the time we got off the plane, we barely had two hours to check in our rooms and rest before attending the grand opening. On the bright side it shouldn't take any longer than an hour or two. I just have to sign a couple of papers, answer a few questions, and possibly work a shift to earn some pocket money. It's not like I need it, it's just that we haven't had the time to hire any employees yet.

I watch as the long hand on the clock strikes six o clock. Finally; that was the longest two hours of my life. I crack both of my knuckles and rolled my head continuously until I heard the noise. This satisfies me in ways I don't even understand.

"Hey, wanna grab some dinner at that tropical theme restaurant," Alice asks me.

"We're in the Bahamas, can you be any more specific?"

"The one closest to the hotel lobby," she clarifies, rolling her eyes.

I shrug my sore shoulder, "Yeah, sure." I say, searching through my jean shorts for some cash. Nothing. Just great. "Do you have any cash, I left my wallet in the hotel safe."

"Um, I think so." she pauses for a quick second, "Nevermind."

"Why don't you reserve us a table while I grab my wallet upstairs."

She nods, walking to the man standing behind a podium. Walking into the elevator, I click on the ninth floor. Surprising that I'm the only one riding it, I thought it would be packed. "Ninth floor," the machine speaks. I scoff, finding it very annoying. Like I know I'm on the ninth floor, you don't need to identify it thank you very much. This thing actually motivates me to take the stairs.

While walking to my door, I felt like I was being watched. But the halls are empty. A shiver ran through my spine. I shake away the thoughts, it's probably just the security camera. I slip in the key card to enter my room and unlock the safe with our hardcore inaccessible code. 4,3,2,1. It's hard to believe that no one ever tries to type it in backwards. But it's true.

With the wallet in my hands, I scurry out into the hallway as fast as I could hoping I didn't get that creepy feeling again. But I did. It's like I can feel the pair of eyes tracking my every move. I press the elevator multiple times, eager to go to a place with witnesses.

"Ding!" the elevator alerts, opening its two doors. I step inside, clicking the lobby. Then I heard a voice calling from the distance. It was getting louder and louder. I turn my head slightly to the right, encountering a boy with brown hair running in my direction. "Wait!" IT yells. Not gonna lie, he did run pretty fast. He could be a track star with those legs. But unfortunately, the elevator doors were faster. 

I was left speechless. My stomach starts to ache badly and my thoughts are all over the place. Who was he? Too bad I didn't get a good look at him. Stupid elevator doors. Couldn't you give me at least another two seconds? I grunt, waiting for it to hit ground floor. "Lobby," the elevator says.

"Yeah, I get it!" I say louder than I expected. As I step out from the elevator, the pain in my stomach grows bigger. It feels like someone punched me in the guts. Except worse. My mouth freezes in shock and amazement. I don't believe my eyes. This can't be real. Can't it? "Zach?"