"Thank you Belle." I leaned down to peck her cheek and waved off as I made my way to her window. I couldn't help but to stop to create another conversation with her. "Why do you study a lot?"

"College. Having an half Asian mom and a dad from a strict family really pressures you into doing shit that they've always wanted to achieve in their lives but failed." Belle shrugged while chugging her purple water bottle full of melted ice cubes and strawberries that were sliced in half. She wiped off the sweat from her face and grimaced once she felt a pimple forming.

"You're Asian?" Her eyes were a bit almond shaped, and she had features that an Asian would have. To simply state it, she was beauty and brains.

"1/4 and proud. Oh and don't say I'm Chinese. Not all Asians are Chinese." Belle shot me a look that made me indicate that she wasn't joking about the entire Asian thing. She slid onto her rolling office chair and twirled around a bit before stopping to look at me.

"I never said you were." I held up my hands in surrender even though I had a small guess that she was approximately one-fourth Chinese.

"I have to admit though. My grandmother is an exact replica of those stereotypical old Asians with a cane, mints, a bible in her purse, and her hair in a bun. My sweetest memory with her is saddening." Belle shuddered causing some pieces of her hair to fall out of her ponytail that was slowly getting messy every move she made.

"What was it?" I've never met any of my grandparents before since my own parents ran away at a young age -at least I know that I am truly their son- and decided to raise me in Seattle.

"Her giving me a lollipop after a ferocious beating on my butt for stealing one of her mints." Belle let out a laugh that I could listen to for ages. Her laugh included a little snort here and there while her eyes crinkled with her mouth curving into a smile.

"Wow. That must've been the best experience in your entire childhood." I laughed along with her while sitting on her windowsill that had the curtains held back by rope like ribbon.

"Belle! I need your help!" A masculine voice ricocheted in her somewhat large house. Belle widened her eyes and stood up from her chair while gesturing me to get out.

"Coming!" she yelled before lowering the tone of her voice to only direct her words to me. "You need to leave. My brothers are home."

"Shit bye." My eyes were about to pop out of their sockets as I stretched my arm to grab onto the nearest branch near the tree close to me. Belle swiped her window curtains closed, making me lose view of her room. I crushed my feet against the ragged wood and jumped down onto the fresh cut grass. I scurried away to the other side of the asphalt road once I saw two cars drive into the garage. Due to my realization of the past events, I glanced back at her window only to see Belle slide her curtains back and give me a small wave. I grinned and waved back before turning around to see a drunken Michael stumbling my way.

~*~*~*

"Michael, drink this." The glass of lukewarm water was set onto the bathroom counter that Michael leaned onto while crying. An alarming color of red rimmed his light green eyes that were turning into a cloudy gray color. He puffed out his cheeks before vomiting into the toilet and clenching onto the bowl. Tears ran down his cheeks from the burning feeling on his throat as he halted and hovered above the toilet he's been on for an hour already.

"Calum, I don't want to drink that. Get me more beer." Michael sobbed while curling himself up into a ball with his skinny jeans tearing even more.

"Mike." I sighed at how I couldn't do anything about his decisions. Michael was genuinely a stubborn guy who usually got everything his way.

"Please. Just one more bottle." Michael begged on his knees and crumbled onto my feet. His chest heaved up and down until he resorted to the toilet again.