"Yeah. You surprised me." He breathed out.

"I surprised you? You hugged me first."

"I needed it, it just seemed better than feeling alone."
Lance pushed him back and helped him sit back against the wall. They took their helmets off and cuddled up again, Keith's head on his shoulder with his arms around his waist and legs tangled together.

Lance was all too scared that Keith would notice his heart beating faster by the minute. He didn't understand the meaning of this rush of, feelings, could he call them feelings? The palpitations in his chest didn't subside at all as he racked his brain trying to think of anything but the sweet smell of Keith's shampoo as his hair brushed against his nose. What was this feeling in his chest? Why was it happening?

"Lance." He hummed his name like a child.

"Yeah?"

"How long do you think the others will take to find us?"

"I hope they'll come any minute now." He said nervously.

"Are you okay?" He looked up at the darker skinned boy, who seemed to have a light tint on his cheeks. Keith could hear the uneasiness in his voice and looked at him and waited for him to say something.
"Y-yeah why?" Lance stutters.

"You don't seem so sure."

"I am. I don't really want to be here hugging you. It just seems to calm you down so you're not yelling and crying." He let go and backed away from him. Keith reached out to him in a yearning fashion then recoiled when he realized what he was doing. His face stale as he curled back up in a ball.

"Damnit Keith. Don't do that, you give me anxiety seeing you like that." He sat next to the scared turtle and scooped him up in his arms and onto his lap. Keith calmed down immediately and rested his head on his chest.
Lance sighed heavily as his heart started to race again, this time Keith could hear it, he could feel it banging against his ear. His own heart sped up. Was it from anxiety or matching with lance? He felt confused by the surge of emotions running over him.

Lance soon came aware of his feelings, a realization hitting him like a train. He liked Keith. He liked liked Keith. Had a fancy for him, was interested in him, admired him. You get the idea, lance always had Keith on his mind. But instead of the stupid mullet emo, he thought how soft it was as it brushed up to his nose and smelled nicely like mint. How his eye lashes kissed his cheeks from how long they were, to his soft and plump lips lightly pinked.

He wanted to kiss them, wanted to know what they feel like, taste like even. His will got the better of him, before he knew what his body was doing his long fingers gently grabbed Keith's chin and lifted it making him open his eyes; which went even wider as he felt lips on his. He pushed away baffled and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

"What the hell lance?"

"I'm sorry I don't even know what I was doing."

"Yeah sure. I'm not some girl you can flirt with."

"Says the one sitting on my lap." He grinned.
He lets out a grunt as he tries to get up but lance held on tight.
"Let me go."

"Nope, because you will just freak out again and I don't want you to get like that."

"I'd rather feel trapped and alone than get kissed by you." His words stung him.
Lance reluctantly let him go, they sat on different ends of the small room. Five minutes passed by before Keith had enough and ended up back in lances arms, his safe haven.
He was annoyed it has to be lance of all people to comfort him.

"Keith." Lance started. He looked up at him waiting for him to continue. "I'm just gonna say this, you don't have to say anything, hell punch me even if you want. But I have to get it off my chest. I, like you." The words echoed in his head. "I like you. I like you." Keith internalized these words. Associating them with infatuation, admire, adore, romance.
"You like me? As in you really like like me romantically?" He finally spoke.

"Yes."

"Oh."

"That's all you have to say. Oh?" Lance felt rejected.

"I don't know how to handle this. No ones ever told me they like me like that." Keith blushed.

"Can I show you what it feels like to like someone in that way?" Lance had his flirty smile on and he wiggled his eye brows.

"What do you mean?"
Lance caressed his cheek as he leaned in and pecked his lips. A spark made him tingle. He pressed more and Keith closed his eyes letting his nerves calm and be swept away. Lance tugged at his hair making him gasp which allowed his tongue to dart into his moist cavern. More moans try to escape as tongues wrestle. They finally break free with a trail of saliva connecting them.
Keith breathed heavily as he lightly wiped his mouth, his face flushed with red. Lance just as red.
"How was that?"

"Amazing." He sighed. "Wait. Um I- yeah amazing." He blushed even more.

"Want more?"
He nodded and their lip locking continued.
They were now laying, lance on top of Keith the metal parts of their armor off as to get closer. The tiny pebbled fall didn't even phase them. Hands were roaming as did lips, to the neck and ears then collar bone that just poked out from the tight suit.

Footsteps came crashing through the halls outside, oblivious to this they continue their frenzy of kissing.
"Their heat signals are coming from behind the wall." Said Pidge.

"Let's get it down." Said hunk.
Pidge could see that it was a door of some kind and banged on it a couple times, lance and Keith could hear this but didn't care to stop what they were doing. Which was a downfall, the others got the shock of their lives when they saw what was happening once the door opened. Hunk and Shiro turned away embarrassed and slightly grossed out. Pidge on the other and took a picture. "Yes. I knew it."

No one spoke on the way back to the castle, it was a very awkward ride.
Pidge in all her glory printed the picture and hung it on the fridge in the kitchen as if it was the best picture her kid has ever drawn and was super proud of them. Everyone else especially Keith and lance were mortified at the picture.
However even after the trapped incident, they did develop true feelings for each other and didn't care if the others knew.