chapter 10

Seven years ago:

Taehyung had been minding his own business, reading a book in the library and enjoying the silence that enveloped the quiet, deserted place. Hardly anyone went there during lunch and Jimin was too busy doing who knew what to join him; it was good, it felt nice to be in peace after stressing over...well, being a teenager.

And that's when a sudden presence startled the living shit out of him, making poor Tae drop his book on the table, glasses almost falling off his face with the movement. He hated wearing them anyway, made him feel like he was covering a part of his face out of fear rather than out of a physical need. And God knew he was tired of hiding; he'd done that the last four years, denying his own sexuality, crying himself to sleep holding onto his best friend and praying for the morning to come and wash it all away. But he'd accepted it and even come out to his parents at the end. And it hadn't been the end of the world. Jimin, on the other hand...

"Wanna tutor me?" Jungkook's voice asked him bringing him out of his stupor, some mix of a sly smile and a smirk adorning his lips. It'd only been two weeks from the party and they hadn't talked since, Tae too busy trying to hate him and Jungkook too busy being him, charming every creature around him.

"What?"

"You know, you're smart, I'm failing Maths...wanna tutor me?" he explained as if his words made absolute sense, dark eyebrow disappearing behind his black fringe.

Ask Irene , he wanted to say, wanted to be childish because he could and he should. Jungkook had kissed him, had taken that magical first kiss with him to simply put his mouth in another girl's only a day later.

And yet...did he have any right to complain? Hadn't he let him? Maybe that was the worst part; he had let it all happen. He was that pathetic.

"I'm not that good at Maths," he lied instead because it was safer and better than revealing the truth that insisted upon hiding under his tongue. Sadly enough, he was good at Maths (not that it meant he hated it any less). Jungkook didn't buy into his lie though, chewing on his minty gum and narrowing his eyes at him with a shake of his head.

"Now, I know for a fact that's not true," he started and Tae wondered how he knew he was the best in his class when they didn't even share any classes. He was about to voice his wonder when he continued, "And also, I'm learning what you already learnt," he smiled, that damn smile that probably got all the girls and boys swooning for him. To think he'd been part of that; to think he still was.

"Right. Still, I don't think it'd be such a good idea...."

"Oh, come on. Why is that? Am I too much of a distraction?" he asked, leaning closer even though he was already sitting right next to him. Tae could smell his perfume and it was threatening to fuck with his better judgment. He knew he had to say no but it was so hard when Jungkook was there, smirking, finally giving his undivided attention to him. As petty and lame as it was, the younger's eyes on him felt too good to ignore. He'd been craving them since the party when Jungkook had looked at nobody but him.

"No---I just...I don't have time, okay?" he said, with perhaps more of an edge to his deep voice than he'd intended, if Jungkook's sudden shook expression was anything to go by.

"Um, fine. I guess I'll ask someone else..." he replied after clearing his throat and standing up from the chair. It was awkward, the tension palpable even though the younger was already grabbing his books to leave, probably to never talk to Taehyung again because why was the point anyway? He wanted a kiss, he got it. He now wanted to use him further for his own merit and Tae wouldn't even be good enough to deliver on that.

He felt worthless. Perhaps he hated himself and was doing this in a sick way to punish himself. Who knew, either way he bit his lip and said, "Wait, I...I can make some time."