chapter 2

"What are you doing in my room?" Jin asks, confusion on his knitted eyebrows and pursed lips. Jungkook looks at the guy for the first time from the moment he got into the room since his eyes were focused on the one who looks scared like a little kid. He observes the pink soft shirt, the old grey joggings with a brown stain that resembles a lot to coffee. And yet, the guy is obviously beautiful with his blond hair and pinkish lips that make him look like a model. But when he turns his attention back to Taehyung, he has to suppress a smile; his light brown hair, expressive eyes and tantalizing mouth reminds him too much of his high school years, sending him a nostalgic pang to his chest.

"You mean our room." He corrects his new roommate, greatly amused by the unexpected situation he finds himself in.

"What? No! Hell no. Namjoon!!" He shakes his head repeatedly like a madman and with that he quite literally rushes through the opened door, leaving a nervous Tae behind.

"Jin, wait!" He says pathetically, for the other is unable to hear him after having slammed the door behind him. His eyes slowly travel towards Jungkook and he wants to run the fuck away. How did Jin leave him alone with him? He knows how much Tae was dreading to see him, regardless of how hard he tried to pretend to be unaffected by his return. And how could it not affect him? In Taehyung's memories Jungkook is always looking perfectly hot, sexy and utterly intoxicating, but this is a completely different thing. He looks otherworldly; his messy hair seems unnaturally soft and produces vivid flashbacks of his fingers tangling themselves on each strand...and those eyes with that intense gaze full of thick, long eyelashes that always leave him speechless. Even his clothes are too much; black leather jacket, dark ripped jeans and that white tight top that should be illegal. He must be doing this intentionally, purposefully dressing to kill anyone that dares to glance his way. He's pure sex. Taehyung has to restrain himself to avoid letting his eyes wander to his red, delicious lips.

"I should go." He finally says, proud of being capable of talking in full, coherent sentences.

"Is that how you say hi to me after two years?" Jungkook begins walking towards him and no, this isn't supposed to be happening. Tae hates that a part of him feels relieved and maybe even giddy to know that Jungkook is able to recognize him, as well as remember the last time they saw each other. Then again, he doesn't even want to imagine what he'd do if he wasn't.

"I really should go." Taehyung replies then because this isn't the way he should be feeling and these aren't the thoughts he should be having. His feet begin dragging him towards the door and oh how he wishes it was opened, for he recalls Jungkook's habit of caging him against doors with his strong arms and----no. Said guy smiles wickedly as if he was capable of reading his damn mind while he takes yet another step towards Taehyung, who smoothly begins turning his body backwards in the direction of the door, internally praying for the other not to notice.

"Who does what's right anymore? You certainly didn't use to."

The truth in his words makes Taehyung want to scream. For years he made so many mistakes he's ashamed of, all products of his blinding, stupid love for him.

Taehyung's fingertips almost reach the doorknob from behind him, the cold metal so close yet so far. Jungkook is a few meters away and as he eyes the movement Tae thinks is so imperceptible, he chuckles, grabbing his mischievous hand between both of his. "Why are you so insistent on leaving? Afraid you'll do the wrong thing again?"

Taehyung shudders at how warm the other's hands are and how velvety his voice is. He fails to realize the sudden closeness of their bodies. He is able to smell his cologne which clings to his clothes and skin, the one that used to drive him completely insane. He wonders scarily if it still has the same magical effect to make him do whatever the other wants. Everything takes him back to that night, that long night that started out of Jungkook's words in a needy whisper: You shouldn't let me. He really shouldn't have. He remembers the anguish brought by the following morning, the pure heartbreak that shattered the last of his hope and innocence. And now what? He has returned after two years of no contact whatsoever after all the damage he's done and he's supposed to fall back into his lying arms?