Volume 4: Remembrance

Começar do início

3rd Person's POV:

When Weiss was called by her father, she walks alone in the hallway, never having looked up the entire time as she makes her way there, until she has a startled reaction to hearing her brother's voice coming from right in front of her.

Whitley: Good afternoon, sister.

A teenage boy, somewhat younger than Weiss, stands before her. He's got his hand on his chest and he affects a bow.

Whitley: A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change.

Weiss sidesteps him and turns to speak, and since he moves to face her the effect is that of the two of them briefly circling each other.

Weiss: Hello, Whitley. You're in a cheery mood today.

Whitley: Klein made crepes for breakfast.

He then clasps his hands behind his back and smirks at her.

Weiss: What do you want?

Whitley: I heard Father shouting with someone in his study earlier.

Weiss: Mother?

Whitley: No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man. I heard a man's voice inside.

Weiss looks up at him on this, feigning a concerned look.

Whitley: I just wanted to warn you. I heard he had asked to speak with you.

Weiss: I'll be fine.

Whitley: I know you will. You are strong, like Winter.

Weiss: You never liked Winter.

Whitley: True, but you can't deny her resolve.

Weiss crosses her arms as she furrows her eyes at him in suspicion.

Weiss: You... seem different.

Whitley: And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon.

Whitley then turns and walks away. 

Whitley: Anyway, good luck with Father!

After he is gone, Weiss responds.

Weiss: Thank you.

She continues walking, until she stops to look at their family portrait. Clockwise they are Jacques Schnee, Weiss, Whitley, Winter, and Mrs. Schnee. Jacques has black hair that is graying and a full mustache. Mrs. Schnee has a stern look on her face, Winter and Weiss are frowning, Whitley is smiling, and Jacques has a neutral expression.

---MEANWHILE---