Chapter 10: Turning Point

Start from the beginning

"I'd be okay with that," Midoriya said after finishing his thoughts.

Hagakure cheerfully replied, "Glad you're on board with everything. Now answer me this, what was the reason you wore those clothes today?"

While grabbing his shirt with one hand, Izuku responded with, "Well, they inspire a lot of confidence in me."

"Cause your shirt says All Might, I get it," Tooru said with assurance.

Shaking his head, Midoirya stated, "That's not why. I often wore these clothes when I trained before taking the entrance exam."

Hagakure was quick to say, "Regardless you wore these clothes cause you needed the confidence boost for today, right?"

"Pretty much," the boy said as a slight blush began to creep onto his face.

After a few moments of silence, the invisible girl asked another question, "What exactly was this training you did? You've never really talked about it."

After some quick thinking, Izuku blurted out, "O-Oh, well you know, w-weightlifting and r-running, a lot. The u-usual."

In a bit suspicious tone, she said, "And you discovered you had a quirk just by doing that?"

"Y-Yep," said a jittery Midoriya.

Continuing with her apprehensive tone, Tooru asked, "And how long did you do this?"

"A-About ten m-months," Izuku stated as he sank his head into his shoulders. He thought, was she starting to have doubts about the somewhat fabricated origin of his quirk?

Leaning forward towards Midoriya's face, Hagakure said, "Was this training you did before the entrance exam the first time you ever worked out for an extended period?"

This endless barrage of questions was getting the best of the green haired teen, but he answered with a weak nod.

About a minute of silence passed before Tooru spoke up by trying to explain, "I guess that is why you never manifested your quirk before. Your body just couldn't handle it. And even with almost year of working out, you couldn't use it without thrashing your body."

Internally Izuku was leaping around in happiness at Tooru only trying to understand his quirk better, not question its origin. In a more confident voice, Midoriya stated, "Pretty much."

The pair spent the rest of their trip discussing their second study session. Hagakure was quite pleased that Yaoyorozu was able to help her so much as she hated studying the subject of English on her own.

Once they had arrived at their destination, Tooru led Izuku past many buildings until eventually, they arrived at their first shop. The boy immediately recognized it; it was the toy store that the two had met at on their first date. As they entered Midoriya was met with the smell of fabric and cotton. He soon realized this store specialized in dolls and plushies both small and large. Hagakure made her way to the back, and Izuku followed. She was standing in front of a collection of bear plushies that were almost as big as she was. They were yellow and had a triangular head and limbs. The bears wore overalls and a neckerchief of various colors.

Tooru then spoke up, "I've been saving up for one of these for a while."

A bit intimidated at their size; the boy stated, "They look kind of big, don't you think?"

"That's why I want it silly. They're so big and fluffy," the invisible girl said as she hugged one.

And expensive, Izuku thought. He had a decent amount of cash on him at the moment. Including what he had saved from the last date, his allowance from the last couple of weeks, and his early birthday present, the boy had 18,000 yen. Was this giant stuffed toy the thing he was going to buy as her gift? Scratching his chin, Midoriya asked, "So which one are you planning on getting?"