Chapter 10: Turning Point

Start from the beginning

The lesson resumed with Momo handing out a paper that focused on the common mistakes made when speaking English and examples of each. These included: the emphasis of words, exceptions to rules, homophones, idioms, not always applicable interchangeability of synonyms, the order of words, and the words unique to the five different regional dialects of it. The group then went over these common mistakes one at a time, and Tooru seemed to learn a lot from it as she was showing decent improvement as the afternoon went on. Overall, Izuku was glad that the study session went without incident, unlike last time.

Midoriya's thoughts faded as he had arrived at the subway station just on time. For a few minutes, he watched as people would enter and exit the subway train. Just as the boy was starting to become anxious at the thought that something was holding up Tooru, he was almost thrown off balance as the girl in question hugged him from behind. She had wrapped her hands around his chest, just under his arms, and her breasts were pressing hard against his back.

In a playful voice, Hagakure asked, "Did I scare ya, Izuku?"

The boy weakly replied, "A-Almost outta my s-skin, Tooru."

With a giggle she let go, allowing Midoriya to turn around and get a good look at her. Tooru had on white cutoffs with a teal sweetheart neckline top and some white snap bracelets. She was also wearing a white backpack, though it was a bit larger than Izuku's. The invisible girl approached the boy and tugged at the bottom his shirt slightly before saying with a soft chuckle, "Could you be more of an All Might fanboy?"

"Well, there's another reason I wore this today," Midoriya stated as he scratched the back of his head.

Tooru was quick to grab his left hand and say, "Tell me after we catch the train, it's about to leave!"

The two then ran hand in hand with Izuku in tow as they headed for the doors. Once boarded, Midoriya sat down and put his backpack between his legs, but Hagakure decided to stand up instead and grab onto a nearby pole. This particular cab wasn't that crowded which allowed a bit of privacy for the two while they talked.

The green haired teen began the conversation by asking, "Is it possible to ask where we are heading? Or do you want it to be a surprise?"

Tooru replied with, "I guess telling you now wouldn't hurt. We're heading to the same place we met on our first date."

A bit taken back, Izuku stated, "I was expecting something different. Not that I have a problem with going back there."

Hagakure then explained, "Well, at first I didn't have a place a mind. When I actually had time to think about it, I remembered how much fun we had there last time. And it's familiar to both us. I thought since it was a place you could recognize you would be more comfortable. Plus it's nearby a place I've meant to visit for a long while. But besides that, I mean as cute as your reactions are when you panic, I don't wanna have you experience what happened when I asked you to come over to my place again."

"T-Thanks for considering my f-feelings about this Tooru," the boy said with a sigh of relief.

With glee, Hagakure replied, "No problem Izuku. This is so we can just focus on spending some quality time together."

Trying his luck, Midroiya asked, "Speaking of this quality time, is it too much to ask what we'll be doing as well?"

With a sly tone in her voice, Tooru answered with, "Being a bit bolder, are we? I like it. Anyways I plan for us to look at some shops, though I wanna buy a few things this time. I've got some other plans as well but that's a secret for now."

Upon hearing this, Izuku wondered, had he put too much thought into this date? All the stress that he been storing up for today was quickly fading away as Tooru described the location and plan for the day. Sure her "other plans" was ominous, but Midoriya wasn't gonna let it weigh him down. This feeling of weightlessness upon his mind and body was something he hadn't felt since he accepted doing this date, and like his mother told him, decided to accept whatever Tooru would come up with, within reason.