Chapter One

Draco's POV

I laid down on my bed, thinking about how I would come out to my parents. I had known I was gay since I met Harry Potter. I quickly developed feelings for him unlike I had ever felt with anyone. I knew they were feelings of attraction from the moment I started falling for him. He made me feel butterflies in my stomach whenever he was around, and when he spoke about something he was passionate about, such at as Quidditch, you could see the excitement and joy in his eyes. When I first realised I had feelings for "The Boy Who Lived," as he was called by many, I tried to shake them off. I'm not gay, I would say to myself, but deep inside I knew. I knew I was gay, and Harry Potter was the boy I had fallen deeply in love with.

I always figured Harry was straight, especially when he dated Ginny in our sixth year. But, a few months after he defeated Voldemort, he came out to the world. When I heard the news, my heart raced with shock and excitement. H-He's gay?! I thought to myself. My thoughts were all over the place. I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. He's actually gay... Maybe I have a chance with him?! I quickly brushed this thought aside. Harry Potter, The Chosen One, the boy who defeated Voldemort, would never date me, the boy who bullied him for years, but only because I secretly had a crush on him.

I sat up in my bed, thinking again. I am seventeen, I thought to myself. If they aren't okay with me being gay, I can just move out and live on my own. I didn't exactly want to live on my own, because the thought just made me uncomfortable. I'd always been closer to my mother than my father, but the idea of leaving both and living alone honestly frightened me.

I get up from my bed and walk to the living room, where both my parents are sitting on the couch watching muggle television. They had recently developed an odd interest in muggle things. I walk up to the T.V. and turn it off.

"What is it Draco? Is something wrong?" My mother says, exchanging worried glances with my father. I sit on the couch next to my parents.

"Mom... Dad... I have something very important to tell you. Please don't get mad at me or yell because I honestly don't really know how to say this... so here it goes.. I'm gay."

There are a few moments of silence. Everything is completely still. And then my mom bursts into tears and starts hugging me.

"Oh Draco," she says in between sobs, "I'm so proud of you for having the courage to tell us this." She breaks the hug so she can reach for a tissue. She wipes her eyes and looks at my father. He is still silent. Then, suddenly, he hugs me, too.

"You know your mother and I will always love you, no matter if you love men or women," he says, and we stop hugging and sit back on the couch.

I get back up and turn the T.V. back on and walk back to my room.

I lay down on my bed and think to myself. Wow, that went better than I expected. Guess I don't have to worry about moving out.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I don't really know what I'm supposed to do here... haha. Anyways, this is my first fan fiction so sorry the first chapter is super short... I'm not a great writer, to be honest. I couldn't think of anything to write, so I had to have a little help from my friend, but I don't know if i'm allowed to share her real name... She actually has a wattpad account, and her username is omgpotter , so please check out her fan fiction(s) because I'm not allowed to read them myself because she is embarrassed about it but she's a great writer. But anyways, I doubt anyone will actually read this, considering that I can't even think of a real title for it... but hey, if you do read it, please comment what you think! I will continue writing it even if I get negative reviews because I'm challenging myself to actually write a full story for once.... so yeah. I'm so bad at this, leave tips for me please on things I need to improve, because I know there's a lot, haha.

Also, if you have any title suggestions, please leave them and if I choose yours I will give you credit in the next chapter! Thanks!

~~~~~~~