Chapter 17~ Dinner W/ The Clearwater

I go into my house at a human speed I walk over to the couch and sit down and bask in the glory of the fact that we won and Bella is safe once again. I look over at the clock on the TV set and it reads 7:02. I stand and walk upstairs to my bedroom and change and then walk back downstairs to the garage and start my Jaguar and drive to the Cullens for dinner

As I pull up to the Cullen mansion I look at the clock that reads 7:22

As I pull up to the Cullen mansion I look at the clock that reads 7:22. I'm glad I'm not late or Esme would have had my head on a pike. I get out of the car and walk into the house and the railings are covered in twinkle lights and the house looks amazing (like always). As I walk up the steps Jasper speeds out of the house and pulls me into his arms, I smile and lean into his kiss. He pulls away he looks at my necklace and I can see the wheels turning in his head "It looks old." I smile "It is. It was a gift from a friend, a queen." He nods dropping the subject we walk into the house and the scent of chicken, veggies and garlic attacks my scenes. Jasper and I walk into the kitchen hand and hand. Rose comes up to me immdetly and pulls me to the stove "flip" she says and hands me a pair of tongs and stands next to me stirring the sauce. "Well hello to you too." 

She lets out a small chuckle and shakes her head "Sorry, Esme and Alice will have my head if this dinner goes bad." I look around to see Emmett and Jasper sitting on a stool and no one else in sight "Where is everyone?" Emmett chuckles and jasper drops his head to his hands "Here she goes" Jasper whines "Where are they! That's a good goddamn question! Edwards getting Bella because her truck died. Carlisle had to go get his coat from the hospital, Esme went with. And Alice is hunting. They left me to cook this damn dinner. I don't cook I've never cooked, Esme cooks for Bella, and when I was human my mom cooked or the maids, I never learned!"

 She throws her hands in the air I place my hand on her back " I can cook, you go change and wash the flour out of your hair, take Emmett with you to change his clothes change yours, and breath be back down here in 5 minutes, okay" I say in the most motherly way possible. She nods after looking me in the eyes for 10 seconds. She and Emmett speed upstairs I point the tongs at Jasper "You change too, something nicer than that" I say pointing to his paint covered jeans. He nods and zips upstairs and I try to revive roses attempt at a meal.

Thankfull the Clearwaters are a little late and 15 minutes later dinner is on the table and all of the Cullens and Bella are on the couch when the Clearwaters are pulling up we all stand (Bella a little delayed)  we all walk to the door, Emmett op...

Thankfull the Clearwaters are a little late and 15 minutes later dinner is on the table and all of the Cullens and Bella are on the couch when the Clearwaters are pulling up we all stand (Bella a little delayed)  we all walk to the door, Emmett opens it and we walk out Carlisle with Esme on his arm  then emmett with rose on his arm then Alice then Edward with Bella on his arm and then me and Jasper we all stand on the deck and Alice walks over to the car and great Seth with a kiss and Leah and Sue comes up to great us as Alice and Seth are hugging and kissing and it dawns on me it's the first time they've seen each other after the fight. 

I'm snapped back to reality when Sue stars speaking to Esme, after standing on the deck for a few minutes I realize the food is still on the stove simmering "Is anyone hungry? There pasta on the stove." The humans and wolves nod and we all head into the kitchen. Sue takes the lid off the and smells "Did you cook? it smells amazing." I shake my head "No I didn't, Rose did." She, Esme and, Alice look to Rose give her a big smile and Seth claps his hand in front of him and with a grin "Lets eat!" We all laugh I grab plates and hand them to Sue so she can plate for herself her kids and Bella. She makes her and Bella a plate and hands Leah and Seth a plate and quickly steps back from the food-crazed wolves. 

Esme seems to notice that they are eating standing up, and she does not like that "Should we go sit in the dining room?" We nod and we go sit down in the formal dining room. After all of us sitting in quite as they ate Bella speaks up "It's really good Rose." Everyone agreed and once again it was quite Emmett is sick of it "Seth, Jasper, Emmett and Edward living room, video games" All the boys leave the room through the door and Carlisle takes a phone call. All the women stay at the table after a while I'm talking to rose and Bellas talking to Alice and Sues talking to Esme, Sue interrupts us all "Seth is so happy. Thank you for making him so happy and accepting us even if my children are for mortal enemies" She ends with a laugh that we all end up laughing. 

They got here around 7:45 and now it's almost 10 pm. sue stands and so do we "I think it's time we take our leave, wouldn't want to overstay our welcome." Esme looks at her and pulls her into a hug "Not possible, but it's getting late. Would you mind taking the leftovers they'll just go to waste here" Sue nods and they walk into  the kitchen Bella looks to me "Lookie lookie Alex finally managed not to ruin something for Alice." at this point  the men are back with there partners and Sue and Esme have come out of the kitchen "Bella, don't." Alice says to Bella then giving me an apologetic look. "No Alice. She ruined your life you cant just let her in. She stole your husband!" "and I gained Seth!"

 She shouts at the top of her lungs. Bella looks confused "We all know you're using Seth to fill the hole of what she stole from you." Alice looks at her friend she collapses into Seth "Get out Bella just get out" Bella looks confused and Edward leads her out of the house. I tap jasper on the shoulder. I go up to Esme and whisper in her ear I'm leaving and I quietly walk out the front door. jasper rushes to me and blocks my path"You're leaving?" I nod "Yeah its a family moment" he shakes his head "babe, you are family" I smile and he grabs my hand "I'll see you later?" I nod and get in the car and drive home with a small smile on my face.

Vote comment and share

Hope you enjoyed