XXVI

"Please let me in... I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable" Jungkook said as he stood in the doorway of Jimin's dorm. Taehyung was currently out, leaving Jimin alone.

He let him in with a sigh and the younger hesitantly moved to Jimin's bed, patting the space besides him for Jimin to sit down, but Jimin chose to sit on the desk chair instead.

"Listen, I just thought it was the right thing to do in that moment," Jungkook started, looking apologetically at Jimin who just shook his head.

"It wasn't... You know I'm not ready to move on yet, I told you multiple times..." Jimin said softly. Yoongi's texts were still rummaging through his mind, making things even more complicated.

"You're still not over Yoongi? Come on Jimin," Jungkook shook his head in disappointment, "What about me? Do I not mean anything to you?" He looked upset.

"Of course you do! I just... I don't know. I can't seem to forget him," Jimin said quietly.

"I tried so hard, Jimin. I tried so hard to make you love me in the same way that I love you. But I guess you don't," Jungkook's voice sounded small as he looked down at his lap, playing with his hands.

"No, Kookie, of cours-"

"Whatever Jimin, I guess I'll just try and forget about it," He let out a deep sigh, wiping his eyes.

"Jungkook I'm sorry, I-"

"Save it Jimin, I get it okay? You don't like me. There's no need to rub it in even more," Jungkook kept cutting Jimin off. 

"Jungkook, stop! Of course I like you, I just need time to think about everything," Jimin ran his hand through his hair in frustration and guilt.

"But you don't like me Jimin, even after all that I've done for you. I was always there for you. After your break up with Yoongi, I was there for you. Even after you and Taehyung fought, the person who's supposed to be your best friend, I was the one who listened to you. I was the only one who was there for you. I was the only one who cared!" Jungkook stood up and stood in front of Jimin, looking down at him, "I love you, but you're choosing those people who hurt you over me. Do I mean nothing to you, Jimin?!"

"Stop," Jimin pleaded, with tears rolling down his cheeks from the hurtful words spilling out of the other's lips.

"I treated you like a fucking king, and what did you give me? Nothing! I kissed you because I love you, but you didn't kiss me back. You broke my heart Jimin," Jungkook had tears in his eyes, his face red from anger. He was so close to Jimin's face, intimidating him.

"Stop!" Jimin said again, more forcefully this time. He stood up and pushed Jungkook away from him. He had so many thoughts running through his mind, too many. They made his head spin.

"Get out," Jimin cried out. Jungkook just crossed his arms, offended.

"I'm not going anywhere Jimin, not until you either properly apologize, or tell me you love me too," he shook his head, not moving an inch.

"You're not the victim here!" Jimin suddenly yelled, "You were the one who kissed me when you knew I wasn't ready yet! This is not my fault, stop trying to blame me for something I have no control over!"

"If you weren't ready, you shouldn't have lead me on then!" Jungkook yelled back.

"I wasn't-"

All of a sudden the door slammed open, Taehyung standing in the doorway, mouth agape. 

"So... What's going on...?" Taehyung said carefully, taking in the scene.

"Whatever, I'm leaving. But know that you're making a big mistake Jimin. You will never find someone like me again," Jungkook said angrily and pushed himself past Taehyung, closing the door with a loud bang.

Taehyung didn't even have to say anything, he walked to Jimin and immediately engulfed him in a tight hug. Jimin threw his arms around his best friend and started sobbing.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Tae" He cried out.

"Shhh... It's all okay now."