十一

a/n: because i am lazy we're gonna do a time skip to the day of the performance lol (you can imagine what happened over the months but i wouldn't be time skipping if it was interesting)

Both of us were backstage getting ready. I was in a classy suit but flexible enough for me to dance while Rosé was in a different outfit to the one we agreed to since she had to perform OMONA first.

The outfit she was in was simple but beautiful. Black, white and silver created a simple but powerful combination and I could bet many would admire it. We'd officially became boyfriend and girlfriend but it's been a secret.

"Break a leg, Rosie!" I cheered as she was getting onstage. She got into her position and the music started playing.

A majority of the crowd cheered for her wildly, and I could see Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa in the crowd as well.  Along with dancing, she was singing and rapping which is really hard to do and I do really admire her for it.

Before we knew it, she bowed and her performance ended. I clapped from backstage along with the audience. Rosé walked off the stage panting, tired from the performance. Luckily, she still had 20 minutes to rest and change.

"Great job up there Jagi!" I greeted her with a smile on my face.

"Thanks yeobo," She shyly smiled.

"Go get changed and take a break," I brought her to our assigned room. "I'll be outside."

She pecked me on the cheek and went inside. I couldn't keep the smile off my face and while waiting for her I rehearsed my parts of the song to make sure I didn't mess up. This performance was very crucial to us and we didn't want to mess it up. The Dance Department really depended on us and if we didn't do well, not only would it bring embarrassment to our names, but to the Dance Department as well.

I was absorbed in my thoughts until Rosé called me.

"Tae? I'm done." She murmured and hugged me. I hugged her back and we walked out to the waiting room. Sitting on the leather couches, we watched other performances intently.

Eunji and In Guk performed before us and it seemed like the crowd really did love them. Which made us more pressured then we already were...

"Taeyong! Rosé! You guys are up now." The head of the performances called out to us. We nodded and walked out, smiling at the crowd before looking down and waiting for the music to start.

We both did it with all our passion, finishing with hopefully a huge impact. The crowd screamed and shouted and cheered at the top of their lungs, and I was unable to keep the smile off of my face. We both bowed politely and walked off.

"I can't believe we finished the whole song without any slip-ups!" Rosé exclaimed, a smile etched to her face. "We actually did it!"

I chuckled at her cuteness and hugged her.

"You're so cute, you know that?" I pinched her cheeks. She shook her head and hit me in the chest lightly.

"I am not cute! I am fierce!" She whined cutely.

"Whatever you say Princess," I murmured to her.

"Lee Taeyong! Park Chaeyoung!" I heard someone call out to us. We both looked up and spotted Ms Jung and the rest of the Dance Department with her. "Well done! We knew we could count on the both of you!"

We nodded slowly and smiled at them. Ms Jung came over to hug us and I awkwardly hugged her back, still sweaty from the performance. We pulled away not more than 10 seconds later.

"Next year, you guys can come and show the new students your dance and singing! I'm sure they'd be delighted to see it." She smiled widely and I felt Rosé tense up beside me. I instinctively placed my hand on her back and drew small circles on it, slowly comforting her.

"Yeah sure, we'd love to." I replied for us, and I don't mean to sound rude, really, but I kinda wanted her to get off our backs for just a few minutes.

It's not that I dislike Ms Jung, but I have a feeling Rosé is getting a bit uncomfortable at the mention of next year.

Only 8 months left for her to live, what is she to do in such a short time?

Time flies by quickly when you're with people you love. I mean, it feels like just yesterday I accidentally walked into her hospital room.

And her conditions been getting worse lately. The doctor estimates that in two months time, she's gonna need to be put on permanent bed rest. She cried in my embrace for hours after hearing the news.

Ms Jung smiled at us one more time before walking away. I took Rosé's hand and lead her to our room, away from the anxious and sweaty people who either had already performed or were going to perform.

Once we were both inside, I closed and locked the door.

"How are you?" I asked her quietly, sitting next to her on the black couch.

"Could've been better," she chuckled bitterly. I took her hands in mine. "I just don't get what I ever did to get something so cruel like this."

I sighed and hugged her tightly.

"You know I love you, right?" I whispered to her. She nodded her head. "I promise you that I'll love you even after death."

"That's a hard promise to keep," she said. "But I wouldn't mind if you broke it."

I frowned at her words.

"When I promise someone something, I will always, without any question, keep my promise until the day I die.When it's you, however, I will always, without any hesitation, keep my promise until the end of time."
-
My breath hitched at his words. Loving me was already hard enough, but loving me for eternity? That's the hardest one. And promising to do so? It's almost impossible.

"I love you Lee Taeyong, I really do, but loving me for eternity? That... that's nearly impossible."

"Nearly. Almost but there's a 0.01 chance that I can and I will make sure it happens. I fucking love you, Chaeyoung. And I will never leave you."

"I know I should've said this earlier, but... don't get attached to me, Taeyong... you'll regret it."

"But why would I regret getting attached to an angel?"

a/n:
asdfjwodnrheis sorry for not updating in 2 weeks ;-; i had exams and shit to do so have this filler chapter because the next one is gonna be a bit more... scary :)

for now, i'll just leave this here:

너와 손을 잡고
춤을 추던 어젯밤
찬란히 빛이 나는
아름다운 one last smile
빨주노초 없던 황홀경
내가 보고 느끼던
세상과는 어울려
;))))