End

This season of the Gravity Falls Wattys has come to an end. We're so happy to have you all along for the ride!

Here, we'll discuss the future of the contest. We suspect most of you are currently asking this question:

When is the next season of the Gravity Falls Wattys?

Our judges are burned out after this season. We all worked really hard to give you our results, and jumping straight into the next season isn't fair to us when we have so much going on in our lives. There will not be another season this year. However, there might be one next year.

Key word: might.

We had a really low turn-out for this contest. We worry that, by the time we get to 2019, there simply won't be enough active Gravity Falls fanfiction writers to justify another season of the GF Wattys.

In addition, we would probably have to rework some of the structure of the contest. So now we have some questions for you: 

Did you like the layout of the contest? What did you think of the grammar screening? How much did the feedback help? Did you find our judging and criteria fair? If the next season were decided primarily by popular vote, would you be okay with that?

We dislike popular vote contests, because the only thing they prove is how much attention someone has, and that defeats the purpose of running a contest in hopes of giving those without much attention a chance at more visibility. However, we may be forced to consider popular vote if we want to host another season of the Gravity Falls Wattys: reading and critiquing took a lot out of our wonderful judges, and we're not sure we could ask that of them again.

In answer to the question: When is the next season of the Gravity Falls Wattys? 

If there is another season, it won't be until next year. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope this fandom stays alive and well for many years to come, too. For that to happen, it needs you wonderful people to keep reading fanfiction, writing fanfiction, drawing art, and coming up with amazing alternate universes. And even if the fandom itself dwindles, one thing will never change:

Gravity Falls will have made a change for the better in all of our lives.