Results | May 25th

After two months of judging, the results for the Gravity Falls Watty Awards have arrived! Here are the categories and their awards:

Readers' Choice |
Judged by all of you!
Awards Available |
1st Place

Role Swap |
Judged by Roe and Emerald
Awards Available |
1st Place and 1 Honorable Mention

One Shot |
Judged by Wings and Tori
Awards Available |
1st Place

Originality |
Judged by Roe and Tori
Awards Available |
1st Place and 2 Honorable Mentions

Ship |
Judged by Cath and Thia
Awards Available |
1st Place

xReader |
Judged by Cath and Roe
Awards Available |
1st Place

The results have two parts: a score out of 100 and a paragraph or so of feedback on what you could do to improve the work. If you would like to know more about your results, feel free to ask, and we can send you the individual scores for each criterion (as listed in the previous chapter). Some of the category-specific scores are wildly different between the two judges that went over your work; we only decided on a single final score, so our individual scores may not add up to the final result. We can still send them to you, though, so you can see our beginning opinions on the work before discussion. Otherwise, our feedback should contain helpful tips to improve your writing, as well as our general thoughts on the entries. 

Double-entered entries: If you entered your work into two categories, you received a different score and different notes in each. We let the scores have a maximum of ten points in difference; otherwise, the score was up to the different judges in each category. (The exception to this is Reverse Dipcifica Oneshots, as circumstances required us to copy-paste the results from one category to the other.)

Disclaimer: All judges are teenage girls without professional training, and our opinions are not the final say on the quality of your work. Furthermore, we made an active effort to remain objective, assign wins based on quality alone, and avoid bias of any kind. However, we may have made unconscious errors, for the which we apologize. 

Each category (Originality, One Shot, xReader, Ship, Role Swap, and Readers' Choice) has its own chapter of results, followed by the Special Awards. We're very excited to share these with you! Thank you for participating in the Gravity Falls Wattys!