Chapter Two

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Two

The weekend sadly passed, leaving me rushing around my room to gather my stuff seeing since I had slept past my alarm for school

I was surprised when I discovered William had also slept in, meaning I woke him by jumping on top of him so he would get up as fast as possible. It also made smile at his awfully terrified face.

I am only thankful that I scrubbed out the clinging smell of the spaghetti from our Friday food fight. It took us all of Saturday to clean the kitchen, and Sunday was the day we worked out a plan to avoid my dad, and catch up on school work.

"Hurry up, Lols!" William yells from the front of the apartment. I throw my bag over my shoulder and spray a little perfume on before dashing to meet him. "About time." He huffs and quickly opens the door so we can leave.

"Yeah, yeah. These things take time." I grumble back to him and walk down the hall. In the short time that I had to get ready, I threw on a pair of blue jeans and a cropped black jumper. It was acceptable enough.

We both have to run to the elevator, jumping in and impatiently waiting to get to the parking lot. The school isn't too far from where we live, it's possibly a ten minute drive, even less.

We rush out of the elevator and to William's car and find laughter bubbling from both our lips at the thought of how crazy we must seem. We as hopeless as each other today.

Normally William is the head of the house with cooking and running the apartment. I barely need to set an alarm living with him because he wakes me up just in time. I guess basketball practice after school had thrown him off and he was exhausted. Too exhausted to remember an alarm.

Once we are in the car and driving, we let out a breath and a little more laughter. Never again will we let this happen.

I hadn't worried about my dad coming over yet, instead my mind is set on getting to school in time. I am thankful for the distraction, even though things could be bad if we're truely late.

I ignore the worry that I skipped breakfast- unintentionally. I had no time for it. I knew if either William or Doctor Weston heard of it, they'd have my head on a silver platter after a good scolding.

I have to continue to maintaining healthy eating habits, and the biggest on my list was breakfast.

The entire duration of the drive I kept pestering William to go faster, in hope we'd get to school with time to spare if I pressured him enough.