B.F.B. (Imagine #7)

*(Y/N) P.O.V.*

Ding dong.

I waited impatiently for Rydel to open the door of the band house. We were gonna hang out since she had the day off from writing music.

As I tapped my foot against the cement porch, the door swung open. "Bitch, final-," I started, but was cut off by the sight of one of my best friend's brothers, Rocky. The one brother that I never managed to drop my stupid high school crush on. "Oh, sorry, Rocky. I was expecting Rydel to answer." 

"It's cool," he shrugged, stepping aside to let me in. "She said something about you guys hanging out, but she's currently passed out on the couch with Ellington. They can never make it through a marvel movie without falling asleep."

I chuckled along with him, not surprised by what he said. She always fell asleep through movies, especially ones that exceed two hours. "No surprise."

"You can chill with me while we wait for her to wake up. I was just in the studio trying to catch a vibe to write on," he offered as he pointed towards the studio room behind him.

"Uh, yea sure," I answered, trying not to sound nervous. I rarely ever got to spend time with Rocky alone. When I did, it was usually because Rydel left the room for a few minutes to go to the bathroom or get food.

"Tight. Let's go," he said as he led me to the studio. When we got into the small room, I took in the cozy atmosphere. There was a desk with multiple monitors, a small keyboard sitting nearby. In the corner of the room stood a guitar stand that held guitars and basses of all kinds of colors. A mic stand stood facing a wall, and purple mood lights gave the room a comfortable vibe.

"I forgot how much I love this place," I sighed as I sat on the sofa.

"Yea I basically live in here. If you ever need me, you know where to look," he said as the corner of his lip lifted into a slight smile.

"I'll keep that in mind," I smiled back. His smile grew as he sat in his office chair.

"So what have you been working on?"

"Uh, actually I'm working on a solo," he mumbled shyly.

"Like a new guitar solo? That's really cool."

"No, like a solo song. I recorded vocals for a song while Ross was away filming but everyone told me I had to sing it," he explained as he played with his fingers.

"Rocky, that's amazing," I said with excitement. "Can I hear it? I know you have a great voice."

"Uh, I-I don't know. I still need to tweak some things," he stuttered, which was out of character. He had always carried himself with confidence.

I sighed as I stood up, heading over to him. I set a reassuring hand on his shoulder and said, "I'm sure it's amazing, Rocky." He looked at my hand and gulped slightly.

"O-ok," he stuttered again. He shook my hand off his shoulder by spinning his chair towards the desk. He found the track and hit play with a shaky hand. The song began to play and the sound of his voice filled my ears. The song was called Lay Your Head Down, and it was beautiful. Once it was over, he sat tapping his finger nervously on the desk. I stood above his sitting form, gathering my thoughts. "So..?" he started, breaking the silence.