Falling Apart (Part 2)

*(Y/N) P.O.V.*

"Mom, I promise. He's been bullying me for months, and he hit me first. I just fought back," Ryder pleaded from the back seat.

"It's ok, Ryde. I believe you," I sighed. Words couldn't explain how stressed I was. And on top of it, I hear that my son is being bullied. Life just gets better and better. "What was he even bullying you for?"

"He's been making fun of me because you and Dad are always fighting," he muttered sadly, looking out the window. I glanced at him through my rearview mirror, and his eyes seemed so distant.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wish you would've told me sooner."

"Sorry, Mom. I just didn't want to stress you out even more. I wanted you to focus on fixing things with Dad, I didn't want you to worry about me," he explained, making me feel like an awful human being. My boy was being bullied just because some kid found the idea of Rocky and I fighting as bait.

"I'll always worry about you. And Rosie. Don't ever think you don't matter to me like that, ok?" He nodded his head as I finished. "Did you win?" I hid a small smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"It was pretty even, but he bled," he shrugged.

"That's my boy. Remember, never start a fight..."

"Just end it." he finished my sentence. I always tried to teach my kids that. They shouldn't fight, but when it comes to self defense, they have every right to hit back.

"That's right," I muttered. "So what do you wanna do when we get home?"

"Is Dad home?" he asked curiously. My stomach turned at the thought of my husband. Of course I loved him, but with the way we've been fighting, is it enough anymore?

"No, he's at the office. He said there was a new artist he was working with so he'll be home late."

"Darn it," he sighed.

"Hey, I still exist," I chuckled, although anyone could tell it wasn't 100%.

"I know. I just want a day that I can spend with both of you. I miss those days," he practically whispered, setting his forehead against the window. If he keeps doing that I'm gonna start crying.

"I'm sorry, baby. I swear I'm trying. There's just some things you don't understand yet," I uttered sadly.

"Yea, I don't understand what happened. You two loved the pants off of each other not long ago. It's like someone flipped a switch and now all of a sudden you hate each other. That, I don't understand."

"If I'm being totally honest, I don't understand it either. I love your father, I really do. It just started with one argument, and the tension from that one carried on into another fight. It's just a never ending cycle."

"I think you guys just need to have make-up sex," he snickered.

"Hey, woah! Excuse me sir, where did you learn that?!" I freaked out. How could my 12 year old know these things?

"There's this magical thing called the Internet," he answered sarcastically.

"Do I need to check your search history, mister?" I sternly pointed a finger at him as he laughed.

"No, Mom. It's just something I've heard people say," he continued to snicker.

"You're never watching YouTube again."

---

It was around 9 o' clock at night. The kids were both in bed, hopefully sleeping. Ryder definitely needed it.