Falling Apart (End)

*Ryder's P.O.V.*

I woke up a little earlier than usual, feeling oddly refreshed. I wasn't woken up in the middle of the night by my parents' bickering. I realized it was only a quarter after six, so I made my way downstairs to make myself some cereal before school. When I passed the living room on my way, I noticed it was empty. Where was Dad? His suit jacket and tie were still on the chair, so he obviously came home. I was honestly considering checking Teddy's doghouse, since we'd joked about it the other day.

I went up to the master bedroom to check and see, although I doubted Mom and Dad were sleeping in the same bed, let alone in the same room. I slowly pushed the door open, and sure enough, they were cuddling. It took everything in me not to gasp. I watched curiously as Dad held her against his chest, and Teddy was curled up on the end of the bed. I slowly backed away from the door and shut it, letting them have their moment.

Dashing into Rosie's room, I hopped on her bed excitedly. "Rosie, getupgetup!" I whisper-yelled. She groaned and pulled her head off of the pillow.

"What do you want? You're acting like it's Christmas," she tiredly slurred.

"Even better. Come with me, but you have to be quiet," I said as I pressed my index finger against my lips. She rolled out of bed, and I led her to the master bedroom. I pushed the door open again, pointing to the bed. Her mouth hung open in shock as she saw Mom and Dad cuddling.

"How did they make up so fast?" she gasped quietly.

"I have an idea," I smiled as I thought of my conversation with Mom in the car. I first started laughing, but then the idea made me disgusted. I grimaced, wishing to bleach my brain out.

"How did they?" she asked curiously.

"You're not finding out until you're 50," I laughed.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I heard Mom's tired voice. She was sitting up, looking at us, while Dad laid flat on his back and stretching. We had obviously woken them up.

"Oh no. Abort mission!" I laughed to my sister as we ran away from the room, bolting down the stairs. We both sat at the table until they decided to come down.

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V.*

"What was that all about?" Rocky asked as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes.

"I think the kids were shocked that we slept in the same bed without ripping each other's heads off," I shrugged.

"Makes sense."

I took the opportunity to cuddle against his chest. His arm instinctively went around my waist, mine draping around his torso. "I missed this," I said, my words slightly muffled by his chest.

"Me too," he agreed as he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"I wish we could cuddle like this forever, but we have to get the kids ready for school," I groaned, not wanting to leave the warm arms of my husband. He moaned in disapproval as I got up. I scratched behind Teddy's ear as I made my way to the dresser. I put on some shorts under Rocky's shirt and tossed him a pair of sweats. After he was dressed, we groggily made our way down the stairs with Teddy following close behind. Once at the bottom of the stairs, Teddy stretched out his back and yawned, causing me to "aw" at the adorableness.

The kids were both sitting at the table, most likely waiting for me to feed them. "Who's up for some pancakes?" I asked as I went over to them.

"Yea!" they excitedly cheered in unison.

"Ok. Coming right up," I said as I ruffled Ryder's hair. I planted a kiss on Rosie's head before going to the stove.

As I was cooking the pancakes, I felt arms snake around my waist. I sighed with content at the gesture, slightly leaning back into Rocky's chest. He had always done this while I was cooking, especially breakfast. He was needy and cuddly when he was tired, which I wasn't complaining about.

"Hey, Mom?" I heard my son.

"What's up, bud?" I responded, looking around Rocky to see him.

"So, are you guys good now?" he asked, obviously referring to Rocky and I.

"We're working on it," I answered with a smile and a reassuring nod. "We talked it out last night, and we're gonna try to end the fighting."

"Yay. Everything's gonna be back to normal," Rosie sighed with relief.

"I sure hope so," Rocky muttered into my neck. I brought my hand up to his head, reassuringly running my fingers through his hair.

"We're gonna be ok," I whispered to him as I placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm not letting this end."

"I love you," he smiled as he swayed us from side to side.

"I love you, too. Till death do us part."

"Ya know," Ryder started, "if you told me a year ago that one day I'd be happy to see you two all lovey dovey, I would've laughed."

"Yea, I usually found it gross. Now I'm just relieved," Rose agreed.

"Ryder, you're around that age where you're not gonna find it gross anymore. I'm sure there's a girl you like," I teased him. He immediately turned red, shifting his head away from me so I didn't see his blush.

"Ryder's got a girlfriend!" Rosie teased in a singsong voice.

"No I don't, shut up!" he whined. Rocky and I smiled at their bickering. I decided to leave him alone for now, but I was definitely going to interrogate him about his crush later. I pushed Rocky's arms off my waist as I went to go serve breakfast. I made four plates of pancakes with some orange juice for the kids and coffee for Rocky and I.

The four of us ate our breakfast as any normal family would. We talked and laughed at jokes we made. Eventually, it was time for the kids to go to school. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" they yelled in unison as they ran out of the house with their book bags. Rocky and I chuckled at their enthusiasm.

As I was washing the plates, Rocky wrapped his arm around my waist from behind again. "Guess it's just you and me," he sighed with content as he nestled into the crook of my neck.

"And the dog," I chuckled. He smiled and placed a kiss on my shoulder. When he pulled away, he turned me around in his arms so I would face him.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked with a slight pout on his lips.

"Rocky, you're my husband. You don't have to ask," I smiled as I cupped his face in my hands. He smiled as well, leaning down to place a sweet kiss on my lips. I moaned in satisfaction at the feeling, since I had almost forgotten what his lips felt like.

He kissed me with as much passion as he could muster, all the while being gentle. My thumbs rubbed along his cheekbones, while his hands gripped at my hips. We both reluctantly pulled away, resting our foreheads against each other's. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too. Til death do us part."

"Til death do us part."