Chapter 3

Every second, I'm getting curious and curiouser at the mysterious creature at the waters, my harpoon is still shooting at nothingness. Or is there really something in the waters that I should worry about? Yes, because that mysterious creature is scaring the fishes away! I haven't got any catch from the last 2 hours! I got nothing to trade anymore!

I decided to get rid of the unknown creature. As I said, I don't bother other sea monsters if they don't bother me but this one IS bothering me now!

I cast my line to where my harpoon is aiming and prepare for battle. It was quite, nothing but the sound of the gentle waves. It was like that until I felt the something tugs at my line, like it was testing it or something before taking a bite. I patiently waited for it to bite while I move to load my harpoon with tranquilizers. Killing is not one of my options for to day, I'm curious enough to know and examine this mysterious creature.

After 30 minuets, I was almost pulled out of my boat. I fought hard to maintain my stance and compete against this tag of war. This one is powerful, I think it can snap my rod. But then, it slowly loosen it's hold on the line. Did I tired it out? Before I can think I was completely thrown out of my boat. The sound of splashing waters and the cold temperature of the evaded my senses, I tired to calm myself down and hold my breath. My father always lecture me about this and I was thankful he forced me to listen to him.

In a spilt second, was submerged under water. I maintain stationary while adjusting my sight under water. Sudden movements can provoke any type of sea monsters, when a voyager is in their territory is it best to lay low since probably of dying is very high. Once my eyes are fully adjusted at the dim lightings, I scan the water around me. West is plain water, East is also water, South is still water, no fishes or anything. And North, is water and is that a.... blue blob at the distance? It was glowing in beautiful blue and it is coming towards me!

I remained stationary but also preparing my small knife just in case it attacks me. As it kept swimming towards me, I was able to clearly see it. Blue eyes. Human, except for the tail. My eyes widens as it- no, he, is right in front of me. I've seen him before, last night it was him.

We didn't do anything but look at each other with curiosity. I eyed him in awe, he looks so human, a pale one. If I don't look down, I could probably tell that this is human. He got ears like ours, nose, lips, facial features, hands, everything! Well, except for the tail and fins and his beautiful glowing eyes! I felt like the whole ocean was lit up by his glow.

He blinks at me, then swimming around me like checking out my body. I could hear his clicks and croons as he starts to inspecting my clothing, my hands, and my feet. I let him because I was expecting that he will let me inspect him too in return. He circles around me and I took the opportunity to watch his tail move gracefully on the waters. I extend my hand to touch the glowing scales when my lungs burns for oxygen. He pause from circling and stared at me, I nodded at him before swimming back to the surface.

I was gasping for air when the break the surface, after a few minuets I manage to even out my breathing. My whole body shivers as the cool breeze pass through me, I decided to return to my boat. I can get sick if I stay too long on the waters. I started swimming towards my boat but where is my boat? My eyes followed the trial of the current and saw my boat floats like a spot on the horizon.

"What?! NO!!" Shit! I remember now, I was riding with the current when I was thrown out of my boat.

Something nudges on my back, looking over my shoulder I discovered the creature who is responsible for this mess. He rubs his face on my back while he purrs happily. 

"Ugh!" I push him away from me and glare at him, he looks hurt by my actions but I don't give a damn. I quickly swam to the currents, if swim with the current I might catch up with my boat.