Chapter Four

At the party, or meetup, as Cooper referred it to, there were too many people there for my liking. When one walked into the house, they instantly enter the living room, a bright disco ball sitting on a table in the corner of the room. It was squished between two grey couches the larger one having holes in the cushion but a comfy recliner.

Techno and rock music blared from a large Bluetooth speaker, causing my heart to vibrate along with the fast beat. My eyes darted around the place, searching for an exit since my head was starting to spin from the noise.

Some guy at the entrance of the house, who I think might be Kaleb, was inviting everybody in. He gave people handshakes, hard slaps on the back and even hugged others. I exited through the front door, meeting Kaleb on the front porch. He was smoking a cigarette... Which was disgusting because the smoke fanned into my nose. I coughed shallowly, covering my nose and mouth with a hand.

Once he noticed me, he reached over and twisted the cigarette in the bowl of a small glass ash tray. He turned to me and smiled, showing dimples by the sides of his mouth and smoke-stained teeth.

I stared at him blankly, refusing to return his action. I walked towards him and sat down on one of the porch chairs, ignoring the muffled music from inside the house. I could also hear the yelling of people and happy cheering from inside.

I sat there, bored. This is horrible. I knew it would've been better if I declined Cooper's offer. Still, I wonder now if it would've made him sad if I didn't go. Ugh, just thinking of that idiot makes me feel some sort of happiness. Is this friendship for once? Surely not.

"Hey kid. I'm talkin' to ya'."

I snapped my head over to the man to the right of me. He was leaning against the house, playing with the silver ring around his middle finger. He twirled it, squeezed it and even slid it off his finger and back onto it. What a weird guy. "You from here?" he asked, his voice scratchy and rough as he spoke to me.

"No." I replied, my words short. I didn't know him, so I was instantly wary. Where's Cooper..? He's probably inside, partying and getting wasted from beer. From first glance, he doesn't seem like that bad of a person. Turns out, he's a big party animal.

"You know, you're kinda' cute. How old are you?"

I quivered, suddenly feeling a sense of discomfort from his words. I lowered my head and tried to avoid eye contact with him... It's dangerous out here. Without having a chance to respond, I heard him talk to me again.

"See, your eyes are big and cheeks are full... Sandy blond hair, slim build and perfect hands.." he noted with a pleased smile. He made his way over to me, kneeling down in front of my knees. His hand traveled over to my thigh and squeezed, making me jolt in bewilderment.

"Your soft skin must feel amazing in bed." he mumbled, dragging his hands along my thighs and pinning them down to the chair. I winced, instinctively shoving his face away beforw he could do anything else. "Oh come on, don't be such a priss. Just one look, eh? I'll make you feel good-"

I rammed my heel into his abdomen, to which he doubled over and I ran for it. I stumbled down the stairs and fell to the dirt hard. I rolled around and before I could scramble away, he'd already trapped me under his weight.

I gasped, thrashing and trying to get out of his strong grip. I cried out, screaming and yelling. He picked me up with ease though, throwing me over his shoulder. I grunted and whined, writhing in his grasp. "Get away from me, you creep! Help!!" I shrieked, my voice reaching such a shrill pitch that it must've conquered the music from inside the house. What kind of friends does Cooper have?! This is disgusting!

Then, the front door opened and out came a bronze haired boy that I could recognize instantly. As Kaleb tried pulling the pale green shirt over my head, Cooper froze in shock, standing in the door frame. "Cooper! Cooper!! Please, help me! T-This guy... He's.." I began to struggle with my words. Tears filled my eyes, making it hard to see a clear view of my savior.

Cooper dashed over to us, his hand raised and clenched into a fist as it collided with Kaleb's once smirking face. Out of pure rage, he threw another blow at the man's jaw, causing a gut-wrenching crack to echo through the thick air. I fell to the ground, curling into a ball and rocking myself gently. I buried my face into my knees, the sounds of angry squabbling between Kaleb and Cooper filling my ears. I let the tears escape my eyes.

"You fucker! Don't you dare touch him, you're, like, twice his age!" I heard Cooper yell, to which there were three thumps and grunts. "You said you wouldn't touch anyone younger than you, bitch! I'll have you sued!" I cried silently, trying to calm my thoughts but, of course, that was to no avail.

"That's my friend! If you touch him again, I swear I'll fucking rip you a new one!"

I felt dirty and tainted. The way he squeezed my thigh was horrifying. His smile was creepy and eyes glinted with mischief. Why is Cooper friends with him, anyway? What's their relationship..? Our friendship, if it was even close to that, is just becoming more and more toxic as we dig deeper.

"This is just--... arning, fu--... Yo--..."

I felt my eyes close. His angry words focused in and out of my ears as I slanted to the side. Just on the verge of falling unconscious, I remembered hitting the ground with a thump.

_

"--mie... Stormie.. Come on, wake up. I have food ready for you." As soon as I woke up, I felt a soft surface below me and a thin warmth covering the bottom half of my body. I heard a heavy door creak open over the soft hum of white noise... A fan? Groaning softly, I turned on my side and buried my face into the pillow below me. It smelled like a mix of dry sweat and laundry detergent.

"Hey, is this the new friend you talked about? Dang. He must've been fucked up-" another voice erupted from the silence of the room. Cooper's voice quickly interrupted in a scolding whisper.

"Shut up, Percy. I'm trying to wake him up but he won't move. He's been out for six hours... He must be hungry."

As if on cue, my stomach growled with vigor as I stuffed my face farther into the plush pillow. Ughhh... Now that he mentions it, I'm nearly starved stupid. I have to get something into my system before I start feeling woozy. I lazily sat up, a soft breeze fanning across my arms and face.

"Hey, bud.. How you feeling?" Cooper's voice came from behind me, so I turned my head and flipped around to face him. He looked drained of his energy, dark eyebags resting below his eyes and his undone hair springing out in some places. He was holding a steaming bowl of soup, which seemed to contain noodles and vegetables.

I saw a figure standing behind him, serenely leaning against the wall. The guy wore a black leather jacket, with blunt studs and horned skulls decorating the denim. He raised a hand and sent me a cocky grin.

"I'm hungry..." I exhaled a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in, tiredly going boneless and flopping down onto the pillow. He chuckled and gently placed the bowl of warm soup by my legs.

"Hah. Figured. Feel free to dig in." he replied with a titter. I glanced down to the soup and back to him. A cautious look crossed my face as I looked around the room I was in. There were two dressers, each parallel to each other on either side of the room. In between the dressers sat a large TV that rested on a big computer desk... Posters also decorated the walls, some even showing photos of a family.

"Where am I?" I happened to blurt out, mindlessly glancing around the room to drink it all in. I heard Cooper laugh from the sidelines.

"You're at my house."

**

If you enjoyed, please consider giving it a vote, it means a lot! :)