October 16th

I awoke in a cold sweat in my bed. Was that really just a dream? I walked over to my mirror, and saw a bruise forming on the side of my forehead, right where the end of the knife hit me. That wasn't a dream. I immediately picked up my phone with a shaky hand and dialed Max’s number. After three rings he answers with a slight sigh.

“Whatcha need, Lily?” He asked, almost sounding annoyed.

“Max, he was here. I can prove that he was here. He-he knocked me out, Max! I have the bruise to prove it!” I yelled, trying my hardest to dismiss any disbelief he may have. I heard another sigh from his end, and him adjusting the phone.

“Lily,” he started, what sounded like pity behind his disbelieving tone. “You probably just fell, or something. Andy's dead. We both know this. You're just seeing things.”

“Max stop dismissing all of this! He was here! H-he threatened me, Max!” I screamed, my voice becoming shaky. “Why won't you believe me?”

“Because you're crazy! You're insane, Lily! All of this is your imagination, and you're making the situation worse for both of us! Stop calling me!”

“Ma-” it was too late, he had already hung up. The dead ring was all that was left. He thinks I'm crazy.

The rest of the night was me sulking. I was scared, for many reasons. Was Andy ever actually here? Did I really imagine everything that happened due to PTSD? Was Max right?